Donstaff Donstaff is offline
Junior Member

Default AKG 701 Breakin

In research prior to purchasing a pair of AKG 701 headphones, I read in several threads that these guys required 300 hours of break-in time. Well, I got my new phones, took a quick audition then set them to work 24-7 for a 12-day marathon. Now that I have sat down to read the documentation, I find that the precious little documentation provided says absolutely nothing about break-in or improvement in sound quality over a period of time. The original mention of break-in came, I think, from a Stereophile article. I just wonder what other member experiences are with the 701 documentation and their break-in period.
Posted to rec.audio.misc
Mark D. Zacharias[_3_] Mark D. Zacharias[_3_] is offline

news

--
Donstaff

Snake oil.