Posted to rec.audio.opinion
UnsteadyKen UnsteadyKen is offline

Default Wow! I have golden ears.

Today I conducted an impromptu listening test between a
Denon DRA-345R receiver and a JVC A-X3 amplifier
and heard clear and easily identifiable differences in the sound of
each. These differences were so great that I am confident that
in a properly conducted blind listening test I would be able to
identify each component with a 100% success rate.
There we have it, proof at last, amplifiers do sound different.
Any questions?
--
Ken
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Ears Pride Parade

MiNe 109 said:

Rega Mira vs Cyrus 8

And? And? Give us something for the Enquirer.

Bass, favoring the Cyrus. I would expect it to be measurable.

Great. Two British integrateds, one costing over $1000 and the other not
even sold in the U.S. Sedition! Treason!

There's also more clarity/silent background stuff that could disappear in a
blind test.

Blasphemy! You dare to speak disparagingly of the Holy Blinding Rituals?
God will smite you where you stand!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

On Jun 14, 11:32�am, UnsteadyKen wrote:
Today I conducted an impromptu listening test between a
Denon DRA-345R receiver and a JVC A-X3 amplifier
and heard clear and easily identifiable differences in the sound of
each. These differences were so great that I am confident that
in a properly conducted blind listening test I would be able to
identify each component with a 100% success rate.
There we have it, proof at last, amplifiers do sound different.
Any questions?
--
Ken

Ferstler would maintain that one of the amps must be broken if you can
hear differences. You'll need to submit test measurements for both
ASAP.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Soundhaspriority said:

Bass, favoring the Cyrus. I would expect it to be measurable.

Great. Two British integrateds, one costing over $1000 and the other not
even sold in the U.S. Sedition! Treason!

That one wasn't aimed at the Krooborg, obviously.

There's also more clarity/silent background stuff that could disappear in
blind test.

Blasphemy! You dare to speak disparagingly of the Holy Blinding Rituals?
God will smite you where you stand!

I don't know that Arny is even reading this, let alone free to respond, but
this is one way to find out.

Don't be coy. Out with it.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

Bass, favoring the Cyrus. I would expect it to be measurable.

Great. Two British integrateds, one costing over $1000 and the other not
even sold in the U.S. Sedition! Treason!

There's a new version of the Cyrus that's supposed to have more bass,
but it's also more expensive.

No problem for an elitist like you or Jenn.

My budget is more suited to Onkyo receivers at the moment.

Pretensions to commonhood noted.

There's also more clarity/silent background stuff that could disappear in a
blind test.

Blasphemy! You dare to speak disparagingly of the Holy Blinding Rituals?
God will smite you where you stand!

I favor the Tedious Remasters Comparo these days.

I think I hear the Obscureness Alarm.....

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
UnsteadyKen UnsteadyKen is offline

UnsteadyKen said:

Any questions?

is the test report.

A report on amplifier sound quality.
------------------------------------

Equipment under test:
---------------------
Denon DRA-345R FM receiver
JVC A-X3 Integrated amplifier

Ancillary equipment:
--------------------
Sony Cd player and MD recorder.

Cables used:
------------
Yes

Testee:
-------
A.N. Eedjit

Music used:
-----------
DTTV live broadcast from Salzburg of Russia V Greece Group D Euro
2008 soccer match.

Test procedure :
---------------
1. The equipment was placed on a self assembly 4 shelf wire storage
rack purchased from local discount store.

2. Testee attempts to fix long standing ground loop hum problem by
rearranging rats nest of cables behind rack.

3. While attempting to move rack forward, testee becomes distracted
by superb Russian attack down the left wing causing him to trip over
coffee table and apply excessive horizontal tilt to rack causing
badly assembled item to begin to disintgrate.

4. Russia score!

5. Equipment under test is now about to achieve complete floor/kit
interface, this situation being deemed undesirable testee makes
desperate grab for aforementioned items.

6. Making a complete cock up of this he succeeds only in punching
them across room where they make contact with adjacent wall and then,
presumable under the influence of gravity, proceed rapidly in a
downward direction. At this point direction visual observation of
test equipment was discontinued due to testee being distracted by...

7. CD & MD which being still connect to test items are pulled from
remains of disintegrating rack and also achieve full floor/kit
conjunction status.

8. Testee then proceeds to make lengthy series of self deprecatory
remarks, then calms down and makes a nice cup of tea.

9. Soccer match ends, Russia 1 Greece 0.

10. Greece are out of the tournament. Rats.

Test session concluded.

Results
--------

Sound quality.
--------------

Denon: 3/10
The Denon was found to have a strong treble bias, the sound emitted
on striking both wall and floor could best be described as a
tinny rattly clang.

JVC: 6/10
The JVC was deeemed to have have a more balanced sound quality with
significantly more bass content overall but metalic overtones were
still a significant contributor to the sound quality.

CD/MD No significant aural differences were detected.

Durablity
---------

Denon 10/10

JVC 10/10

CD/MD 10/10

Rack 0/10

Minor dings and scratches were observed on all electrical components
but apre test all were fully functional.
The rack is a total write off.

Conclusion
-----------

Amplifiers do sound different.

Mini Disc's are identical to CD's

Proper equipment support is vital.

Greeks can't play footy

Note
----

Hum problem still present.

--
Ken
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"UnsteadyKen" wrote in message

Today I conducted an impromptu listening test between a
Denon DRA-345R receiver and a JVC A-X3 amplifier
and heard clear and easily identifiable differences in
the sound of each. These differences were so great that I
am confident that in a properly conducted blind listening test I would be
able to identify each component with a 100% success rate.

There we have it, proof at last, amplifiers do sound
different. Any questions?

Why would anybody have any questions? Obviously, you know it all. ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Arnii "**** for Dinner" Kroofeces is quite completely full of himself.

There we have it, proof at last, amplifiers do sound
different. Any questions?

Why would anybody have any questions? Obviously, you know it all. ;-)

You left off an important qualifier, Turdy. You should have said "You know
all that's important to know about Arnii Krooger." Figuring out what you are
is a rite of passage for Normals on RAO. Ken may say he's unsteady, but he
came to an understanding of you fairly quickly.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Requieum for Arny?

Soundhaspriority said:

I don't know that Arny is even reading this, let alone free to respond,
but this is one way to find out.

Don't be coy. Out with it.

Would you believe:
On Monday, we'll learn that he was locked in the men's room in the church
basement for three days.

No? How about:

After a lashing from Pastor Matt, he misbehaved in some fashion, and was
picked up for a misdemeanor.

But seriously, my mind can't help but spin with speculation. You said that
Arny had been ordered not to leave town.

I said that? When?

If that is true, there is only one reason: he was bailed.

Or on probation, or on parole. Unless you know he's never been convicted of
a crime.

If he is going to stand trial, he may be reliant on
character witnesses. This could give Pastor Matt exceptional leverage. Or,
since there were simultaneous complaints by around four individuals, Pastor
Matt could have given him a tongue lashing, with or without dire threats.

Yeah, that's real likely.

We must remember that the mentally ill do not learn lessons well. Consider
McCarty, who lost his ice cream business, and thinks he is revenging with
trivial pranks. The mentally ill have lost, among other things, their sense
of scale. So we have to allow the possibility that Arny will return at any
time, bigger, badder, meaner.

Krooger seems to be fully in the grip of his dementia. That might be the
result of an increase in stress, but it could also be the normal rhythm of
his pathetic existence. Why don't you pick a horse in the Summer 2008
Kroodown Stakes?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 14 Iun, 23:49, George M. Middius wrote:

Krooger seems to be fully in the grip of his dementia. That might be the
result of an increase in stress, but it could also be the normal rhythm of
his pathetic existence. Why don't you pick a horse in the Summer 2008
Kroodown Stakes?

Preachinupastorm is running in the 6th at Arlington tomorrow.
Post time is moved up to about 10:30 AM.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
RapidRonnie RapidRonnie is offline

I favor the Tedious Remasters Comparo these days.

I think I hear the Obscureness Alarm.....

Much of the discussion over at the stevehofmann.tv forums is given to
comparing different masterings, usually in favor of old rare pressings
available at collector's prices, and is useful for people who can't
decide between the two disc or the three disc deluxe edition of "Piper
At the Gates of Dawn".

Don't ask about "Who's Next" or "Aja".

I abandoned Mr. Hoffman's forums when it became apparent he, or
someone under his ageis, was editing individual posts and entire
threads if they didn't agree with his notions. It was also apparent he
had nonexistent electronics skills yet would make elaborate
pronunciamentos, such as, " The McIntosh MC-60 is only any good if you
have NOS Tung-Sol 6550's. No other tube is any good for this
unit." (Anyone who knows anything about McIntosh tube amplifiers knows
they're the most tube-roller-proof units in existence, because of the
way multiple feedback loops are nested. )

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
TT TT is offline

"George M. Middius" wrote in
message ...

: You left off an important qualifier, Turdy. You should
have said "You know
: all that's important to know about Arnii Krooger."
Figuring out what you are
: is a rite of passage for Normals on RAO. Ken may say he's
unsteady, but he
: came to an understanding of you fairly quickly.
:
Now that is one of the most profound truisms I have ever
read here.

When I first started dropping in here I believed Arny was
reasonably knowledgeable but a little "prickly" due to some
of the very nasty things that were said about him.

I have now independently verified by non-blinded AKX testing
that he is more prick than prickly ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 15 Iun, 23:34, "TT" wrote:

I have now independently verified by non-blinded AKX testing
that he is more prick than prickly ;-)

More important, he is more asshole than holy.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Jun 15, 11:38*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
On 15 Iun, 23:34, "TT" wrote:

I have now independently verified by non-blinded AKX testing
that he is more prick than prickly ;-)

More important, he is more asshole than holy.

I wonder where the term "Holy ****!" came from.

WTB: Dave Moulton's Golden Ears, used [email protected] Pro Audio 0 May 22nd 06 03:50 PM
Golden-Ears Myth 124 Audio Opinions 97 January 16th 06 02:25 PM
Ant golden ears here? Tom Tech 37 January 9th 04 05:59 PM
Golden Ears CDs All Ears High End Audio 0 September 15th 03 08:36 PM