Posted to rec.audio.opinion
earthquake earthquake is offline

Default epos speakers

My listening room is 10x10. I have Epos els3 (which are great little
speakers!) powered by NAD 7155. What differences would one expect by
moving up to Epos m5. I'm taking into consideration the extra $$.

Thank you.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
earthquake earthquake is offline

On Jun 11, 7:53*pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,

*earthquake wrote:
My listening room is 10x10. I haveEposels3 (which are great little
speakers!) powered by NAD 7155. What differences would one expect by
moving up toEposm5. I'm taking into consideration the extra $$.

Thank you.

A review with a comparison he

http://stereophile.com/standloudspeakers/405epos/

Stephen

Thanks for the info. I would Like to hear from the experience of
others re Epos els3 and the M5's.
The technical stuff is beyond me...

Thanks.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Rockinghorse Winner[_3_] Rockinghorse Winner[_3_] is offline

In rec.audio.opinion, earthquake had the audacity to say that:

*earthquake wrote:
My listening room is 10x10. I haveEposels3 (which are great little
speakers!) powered by NAD 7155. What differences would one expect by
moving up toEposm5. I'm taking into consideration the extra $$.

Thank you.

A review with a comparison he

http://stereophile.com/standloudspeakers/405epos/

Stephen

Thanks for the info. I would Like to hear from the experience of
others re Epos els3 and the M5's.
The technical stuff is beyond me...

Thanks.

I have the venerable ES-11's. While not the same as the M5, they share some
of the same characteristics, and are in the same price range.

Like the M5's, the best thing about the ES-11's is the midrange. These
speakers work best with acoustic material - piano, guitar, strings, and
vocals - especially female vocals.

If you listen to this type of material you can't go wrong with the M5's, but
if you like rock played loud, you may want to add a subwoofer or go for
something else.

Epos is famed for their neutrality. Neither bright nor dull, they don't
attract attention to themselves, but are faithful to the source material. I
have often been amazed at how they create holographic soundstages in which
the players can be located at positions in the room beyond the dimensions of
the speakers themselves.

I suspect the M5's will have similar properties.

Epos's should be bi-wired for best bass performance.

HTH

*R* *H*

--
"For me, prayer is a surge of the heart; it is a simple look turned toward
heaven, it is a cry of recognition and of love, embracing both trial and

Epos ES 14 Speakers Rom Marketplace 1 December 22nd 06 04:44 PM
wtb: Epos ES-11 Da S Marketplace 0 July 29th 05 10:10 PM
wtb: Epos ES -11 Da S Marketplace 0 July 14th 05 03:11 AM
FS: Epos ES-15 bookself speakers Maaudio Marketplace 2 March 4th 04 06:50 AM
EPOS ES11 Ramesh Marketplace 0 October 21st 03 05:42 AM