Posted to rec.audio.misc
[email protected] davy_4932@hotmail.com is offline

Default anyone from scotland

On 9 Jul 2006 06:29:43 -0700, "rohit" wrote:

hello all...

is there anyone in this group from UK/Scotland ? I have applied to the
University of Edinburgh for MSc in Sound Design. Can someone please
tell me how this university is for this course and also work situation
in scotland after the course for sound designers.

Anyone with any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thank You,
Rohit

Well-paid jobs in Scotland are generally pretty rare unless you belong
to one of the licensable professions, i.e. law, medicine, accountancy,
teaching, social work etc. Outside the licensable professions your
success will very much depend on factors that have nothing whatsoever
to do with your real skills or paper qualifications.

So by all means study sound design at Edinburgh Uni. But, unless you
manage to work for the BBC, I bet you will have to leave Scotland to
do well at it. Scots are generally not appreciated in their own land.
That's why so many of them work in London, or abroad in places like
the USA, Canada and Australia.

Whereas you have a much better chance of finding a good job in
Scotland if you COME from one of these places and have obtained your
qualifications there. These days foreigners are all the rage in
Scotland. Really!

This said - good luck with your career.
Posted to rec.audio.misc
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

wrote:

Scots are generally not appreciated in their own land.

Eh ? Where do you hail from ?

Graham

Arup puts forward own plans for "HS2" via Heathrow to the North and Scotland Roland Perry Car Audio 0 December 25th 07 08:33 PM
Arup puts forward own plans for "HS2" via Heathrow to the North and Scotland Graeme Wall Car Audio 0 December 25th 07 06:17 PM
anyone from scotland rohit Pro Audio 3 July 9th 06 10:52 PM
anyone from scotland rohit General 0 July 9th 06 02:30 PM
Scotland DAC wanted Phillip Marketplace 0 April 2nd 04 12:59 PM