Posted to rec.audio.misc
[email protected] pricec123@gmail.com is offline

Default Optimizing WMA files

I have a Rio Carbon with about 3gb of WMA files on it... many of which
I did not take the time to optimize before loading them on. Listening
to the music now is not as much fun as it used to be because I'm so
tired of the varying audio levels and frequency patterns from one song
to another. Here's my question: It seems to me that it's just not
worth the effort to try and optimize the files now because they are
already compressed, and before they could be optimized they would
first have to be converted to WAVE, optimized, and then re-compressed.
Which is a lot of work, and they would probably end up sounding even
worse than they do now. Am I right about this, or is there an easy
solution?

C. Price
Posted to rec.audio.misc
UnsteadyKen[_2_] UnsteadyKen[_2_] is offline

said...

Am I right about this, or is there an easy
solution?

What you want to do is "normalize" the files, there are several
programs out there that can do this.

Payware
http://www.suggestsoft.com/soft/kanz...nd-normalizer/

Freeware