Posted to rec.audio.misc
[email protected] jinny@somewhere.com is offline

Default Great new singer songwriter. great tune, check it out.

I don't normally hype anything but give this a listen, you won't
regret it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDbqFGtnTQI
Posted to rec.audio.misc
Ghod Ghod is offline

wrote in message
news
I don't normally hype anything but give this a listen, you won't
regret it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDbqFGtnTQI

'bout put me to sleep. Any recording that doesn't get my attention in the
first 15-30 seconds is never going to get my attention. If you want to know
about a great singer/songwriter, try Tom Smith.
http://www.tomsmithonline.com/main1.htm

Posted to rec.audio.misc
[email protected] jinny@somewhere.com is offline

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 22:26:13 GMT, "Ghod" wrote:

wrote in message
news
I don't normally hype anything but give this a listen, you won't
regret it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDbqFGtnTQI

'bout put me to sleep. Any recording that doesn't get my attention in the
first 15-30 seconds is never going to get my attention. If you want to know
about a great singer/songwriter, try Tom Smith.
http://www.tomsmithonline.com/main1.htm

That video was taken down ages ago. You didn't even see/hear it. By
the way, falling asleep is far more preferable than being put in a
coma as Tom Smith almost did to me.

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Ghod Ghod is offline

wrote in message
On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 22:26:13 GMT, "Ghod" wrote:

wrote in message
news
I don't normally hype anything but give this a listen, you won't
regret it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDbqFGtnTQI

'bout put me to sleep. Any recording that doesn't get my attention in the
first 15-30 seconds is never going to get my attention. If you want to
know
about a great singer/songwriter, try Tom Smith.
http://www.tomsmithonline.com/main1.htm

That video was taken down ages ago. You didn't even see/hear it. By
the way, falling asleep is far more preferable than being put in a
coma as Tom Smith almost did to me.

Well now. Son, if the video wasn't there, then how did I form an opinion
based upon it? Whoosh.

Posted to rec.audio.misc
[email protected] jinny@somewhere.com is offline

On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 21:07:21 GMT, "Ghod" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 22:26:13 GMT, "Ghod" wrote:

wrote in message
news I don't normally hype anything but give this a listen, you won't
regret it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDbqFGtnTQI

'bout put me to sleep. Any recording that doesn't get my attention in the
first 15-30 seconds is never going to get my attention. If you want to
know
about a great singer/songwriter, try Tom Smith.
http://www.tomsmithonline.com/main1.htm

That video was taken down ages ago. You didn't even see/hear it. By
the way, falling asleep is far more preferable than being put in a
coma as Tom Smith almost did to me.

Well now. Son, if the video wasn't there, then how did I form an opinion
based upon it? Whoosh.

Son!!!? I bet I'm older than you (BTW Jinny is a female name)
The video was taken down 5 minutes after it was posted due to
technical problems. If you managed to see it at all I would be
surprised but as I'm not as aggressive as you I will accept your
(dubious) claim that you actually saw it.

Any recording that doesn't get my attention in the
first 15-30 seconds is never going to get my attention.

So you never listened to any Pink Floyd or tracks that have an
extended intro that builds up into the main tune? Also how many times
have you listened to a tune and not liked it but on further listening
has grown on you? If you disregard all music because it doesn't grab
you in the first "15-30 seconds" you're discounting at least 60% of
most music and that's just in the popular domain. You must really hate
Classical music then as that stuff can take 30+ mins to get started.

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Ghod Ghod is offline

wrote in message
On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 21:07:21 GMT, "Ghod" wrote:

. ..

wrote in message
news I don't normally hype anything but give this a listen, you won't
regret it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDbqFGtnTQI

'bout put me to sleep. Any recording that doesn't get my attention in
the
first 15-30 seconds is never going to get my attention. If you want to
know
about a great singer/songwriter, try Tom Smith.
http://www.tomsmithonline.com/main1.htm

That video was taken down ages ago. You didn't even see/hear it. By
the way, falling asleep is far more preferable than being put in a
coma as Tom Smith almost did to me.

Well now. Son, if the video wasn't there, then how did I form an opinion
based upon it? Whoosh.

Son!!!? I bet I'm older than you (BTW Jinny is a female name)

You'd probably lose your bet. (BTW-

Virginia? It's usually Ginny...as in "Ginny Wrapped in the Sun"

The video was taken down 5 minutes after it was posted due to
technical problems.

Sure, I believe you, really.

If you managed to see it at all I would be surprised but as I'm not
as aggressive as you I will accept your (dubious) claim that you actually
saw it.

Aggresive? Maybe you'd better take a look in the mirror.

You're the one making the false accusations. Do you expect me to pay
attention to the whining of your little mosquito wings?

Any recording that doesn't get my attention in the
first 15-30 seconds is never going to get my attention.

So you never listened to any Pink Floyd or tracks that have an
extended intro that builds up into the main tune?

Apples and oranges, pipsqueak. The track you laid on us didn't have a long
intro, you know? Her lyrics and singing are both boring.

Pink Floyd grabs me as soon as it starts playing...and it doesn't take any
15-30 seconds, either.

Also how many times have you listened to a tune and not liked it but on
further listening
has grown on you?

How many times have you listened to what someone is telling you, but didn't
really understand?

If you disregard all music because it doesn't grab
you in the first "15-30 seconds" you're discounting at least 60% of
most music and that's just in the popular domain.

You haven't a clue. Let me help you with that.
http://codesmiths.com/shed/things/clueiron/

Ever listen to Thomas Köner's Permafrost?

A corollary of Sturgeon's Revelation would be - 90% of all music is
dreck...especially "pop" music.

Nevertheless, I have a fairly large collection of vinyl, cassettes,
8-tracks, reel-to-reel tapes, CDs & DVDs...and even a few wire recordings.

You must really hate Classical music then as that stuff can take 30+ mins
to get started.

Clearly, you haven't any knowledge of classical, either. Yeah, I must
really hate classical...Deutsche Grammophon anyone?

What _do_ you know something about? It would be a good idea, if you were to
stick to subjects that you have some knowledge of.

Posted to rec.audio.misc
[email protected] jinny@somewhere.com is offline

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:05:47 -0600, "Ghod" wrote:

.. .

wrote in message
[...]

Oops , that all encompassing American ego surfaces again. Some of us
are not American and "Jinny" is the correct spelling for my name in
this country. Hint, not everywhere is America.

The video was taken down 5 minutes after it was posted due to
technical problems.

Sure, I believe you, really.

Why would I lie? Just to trip "you" up? ...that ego again huh?

If you managed to see it at all I would be surprised but as I'm not
as aggressive as you I will accept your (dubious) claim that you actually
saw it.

Aggresive? Maybe you'd better take a look in the mirror.

Your take on my link...

"bout put me to sleep"

Ever heard the expression, "if you haven't got anything good to say,
say nothing?"

You're the one making the false accusations. Do you expect me to pay
attention to the whining of your little mosquito wings?

As opposed to the flapping of your hideous bingo wings.

Any recording that doesn't get my attention in the
first 15-30 seconds is never going to get my attention.

So you never listened to any Pink Floyd or tracks that have an
extended intro that builds up into the main tune?

Apples and oranges, pipsqueak. The track you laid on us didn't have a long
intro, you know?

So why did you type this drivel in response?

Any recording that doesn't get my attention in the
first 15-30 seconds is never going to get my attention.

You just like typing huh?

Her lyrics and singing are both boring.

You're entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.

Pink Floyd grabs me as soon as it starts playing...and it doesn't take any

15-30 seconds, either.

So had "her" tune begun with a 3 minute drone you'd have liked it?
Careful, your musical snobbery and lack of any "real" appreciation for
music is showing.

Also how many times have you listened to a tune and not liked it but on
further listening
has grown on you?

How many times have you listened to what someone is telling you, but didn't
really understand?

Does that sentence actually mean anything or are you just typing
again?

If you disregard all music because it doesn't grab
you in the first "15-30 seconds" you're discounting at least 60% of
most music and that's just in the popular domain.

You haven't a clue. Let me help you with that.
http://codesmiths.com/shed/things/clueiron/

You been saving that page just for an occasion like this? It wasn't
worth it.

Ever listen to Thomas Köner's Permafrost?

A corollary of Sturgeon's Revelation would be - 90% of all music is
dreck...especially "pop" music.

You only seems to endorse opinions that back up your own.
The notion of "good" music cannot be defined by any one person or
indeed a group of people. Try listening to some music then deciding
for "yourself" whether you actually like it based on how it made you
feel as opposed to following the dogma of someone else's taste. In
case you didn't know, music appreciation is a very personal thing and
"all" tastes, therefore "all" expressions and variations of music are
valid. Just because "you" don't like it doesn't make it bad. For
example, I listened to some of the stuff your link led to. I found it
exceedingly dull (it was supposed to be funny right?) but that doesn't
mean to say my granny wouldn't like it.

Nevertheless, I have a fairly large collection of vinyl, cassettes,
8-tracks, reel-to-reel tapes, CDs & DVDs...and even a few wire recordings.

Wire recordings?

You must really hate Classical music then as that stuff can take 30+ mins
to get started.

Clearly, you haven't any knowledge of classical, either. Yeah, I must
really hate classical...Deutsche Grammophon anyone?

So you don't remember typing....

Any recording that doesn't get my attention in the
first 15-30 seconds is never going to get my attention.

What _do_ you know something about? It would be a good idea, if you were to
stick to subjects that you have some knowledge of.

I think 20 years in the music business as a musician, sound engineer
and producer gives me a bit of an edge.

That's the beauty of real music appreciation. Everyone has knowledge
of what they like but some of us learn to temper our "opinions" and
not use them as a way to "big up" ourselves by dissing other peoples
efforts just for the sake of it.

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Ghod Ghod is offline

wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:05:47 -0600, "Ghod" wrote:

. ..

wrote in message
newsq5fq31frqplkgc56sot88gt17ff9k61in@4ax. com...
[...]

My, aren't we the bright one. Hint, Virginia is not a name that originated
in America. I take it then, that your name _isn't_ Virginia?

The video was taken down 5 minutes after it was posted due to
technical problems.

Sure, I believe you, really.

Why would I lie? Just to trip "you" up? ...that ego again huh?

You sure do have a thing about my ego....your arrogance is misplaced.

If you managed to see it at all I would be surprised but as I'm not
as aggressive as you I will accept your (dubious) claim that you
actually
saw it.

Aggresive? Maybe you'd better take a look in the mirror.

Your take on my link...

No, my quote of your ignorant self. It's a shame that there isn't more
traffic in this ng...it's the only reason I notice that you've posted
another turd.

"bout put me to sleep"

Ever heard the expression, "if you haven't got anything good to say,
say nothing?"

Then why don't you shut the **** up? Hey? The fact is, you're nothing more
than a troll.

****. I do believe I've been taken in by a bot.

Any recording that doesn't get my attention in the
first 15-30 seconds is never going to get my attention.

So you never listened to any Pink Floyd or tracks that have an
extended intro that builds up into the main tune?

Apples and oranges, pipsqueak. The track you laid on us didn't have a
long
intro, you know?

So why did you type this drivel in response?

This is another one of those "you'd better check the mirror" moments.

Any recording that doesn't get my attention in the
first 15-30 seconds is never going to get my attention.

You just like typing huh?

Her lyrics and singing are both boring.

You're entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.

Bots don't HAVE opinions.

Pink Floyd grabs me as soon as it starts playing...and it doesn't take
any

15-30 seconds, either.

So had "her" tune begun with a 3 minute drone you'd have liked it?
Careful, your musical snobbery and lack of any "real" appreciation for
music is showing.

So you don't like music. I'd say that I feel sorry for you, but that'd be a
lie.

Also how many times have you listened to a tune and not liked it but on
further listening
has grown on you?

How many times have you listened to what someone is telling you, but
didn't
really understand?

Does that sentence actually mean anything or are you just typing
again?

Obviously, your reading comprehension is stunted.

If you disregard all music because it doesn't grab
you in the first "15-30 seconds" you're discounting at least 60% of
most music and that's just in the popular domain.

You haven't a clue. Let me help you with that.
http://codesmiths.com/shed/things/clueiron/

You been saving that page just for an occasion like this? It wasn't
worth it.

You're right - any effort spent speaking to you is wasted.

Ever listen to Thomas Köner's Permafrost?

A corollary of Sturgeon's Revelation would be - 90% of all music is
dreck...especially "pop" music.

You only seems to endorse opinions that back up your own.

D'oh! You don't even speak english.

The notion of "good" music cannot be defined by any one person or
indeed a group of people.

It's just too funny! Here, try this....take the longest pencil you can
find. Sharpen it as far as practicable. Now, shove it in each ear, as
deeply as you can. How's that sound?

Try listening to some music then deciding
for "yourself" whether you actually like it based on how it made you
feel as opposed to following the dogma of someone else's taste.

Considering your entire lack of taste (and brains)......

In
case you didn't know, music appreciation is a very personal thing and
"all" tastes, therefore "all" expressions and variations of music are
valid. Just because "you" don't like it doesn't make it bad. For
example, I listened to some of the stuff your link led to. I found it
exceedingly dull (it was supposed to be funny right?) but that doesn't
mean to say my granny wouldn't like it.

If you find Tom Smith dull, then it's Whooshed you again.

Nevertheless, I have a fairly large collection of vinyl, cassettes,
8-tracks, reel-to-reel tapes, CDs & DVDs...and even a few wire recordings.

Wire recordings?

Ignorant child. Do you wish to claim to be the elder again?

Ah....so you hate classical. Pathetic ****.

What _do_ you know something about? It would be a good idea, if you were
stick to subjects that you have some knowledge of.

I think 20 years in the music business as a musician, sound engineer
and producer gives me a bit of an edge.

I don't believe you. If you are really old enough for this to be true, then
explain your ignorance regarding wire recording.

That's the beauty of real music appreciation. Everyone has knowledge
of what they like but some of us learn to temper our "opinions" and
not use them as a way to "big up" ourselves by dissing other peoples
efforts just for the sake of it.

****. That's EXACTLY what your recording sounded like.

Posted to rec.audio.misc
[email protected] jinny@somewhere.com is offline

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 22:32:28 GMT, "Ghod" wrote:

.. .

wrote in message
On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 21:07:21 GMT, "Ghod" wrote:

om...

wrote in message
[...]

Right 3 times, not bad for a loser with no musical taste and an
outsized ego'

The video was taken down 5 minutes after it was posted due to
technical problems.

Sure, I believe you, really.

Why would I lie? Just to trip "you" up? ...that ego again huh?

You sure do have a thing about my ego....your arrogance is misplaced.

Arrogance?

If you managed to see it at all I would be surprised but as I'm not
as aggressive as you I will accept your (dubious) claim that you
actually
saw it.

Aggresive? Maybe you'd better take a look in the mirror.

Your take on my link...

No, my quote of your ignorant self. It's a shame that there isn't more
traffic in this ng...it's the only reason I notice that you've posted
another turd.

Try and make sense, it makes responding easier.

"bout put me to sleep"

Ever heard the expression, "if you haven't got anything good to say,
say nothing?"

Then why don't you shut the **** up? Hey? The fact is, you're nothing more
than a troll.

I suppose the irony in your reply is totally lost on you?

You're the one making the false accusations. Do you expect me to pay
attention to the whining of your little mosquito wings?

As opposed to the flapping of your hideous bingo wings.

Why not pretend I'm a bot to get out of replying to the charge that
you are a talentless git who gets his jollies slagging real musicians
work because the mediocre crap you turn out has to be sold on some
amateur webpage. Got a contract? LOL.

****. I do believe I've been taken in by a bot.

Uncanny.

Any recording that doesn't get my attention in the
first 15-30 seconds is never going to get my attention.

So you never listened to any Pink Floyd or tracks that have an
extended intro that builds up into the main tune?

Apples and oranges, pipsqueak. The track you laid on us didn't have a
long
intro, you know?

So why did you type this drivel in response?

This is another one of those "you'd better check the mirror" moments.

PKB, gosh how original. You're new to Usenet right?

Any recording that doesn't get my attention in the
first 15-30 seconds is never going to get my attention.

You just like typing huh?

Her lyrics and singing are both boring.

You're entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.

Bots don't HAVE opinions.

Bot again!!!?, yawn.

Pink Floyd grabs me as soon as it starts playing...and it doesn't take
any
15-30 seconds, either.

So had "her" tune begun with a 3 minute drone you'd have liked it?
Careful, your musical snobbery and lack of any "real" appreciation for
music is showing.

So you don't like music. I'd say that I feel sorry for you, but that'd be a
lie.

Try thinking BEFORE you post. It will save you further embarrassment.

Also how many times have you listened to a tune and not liked it but on
further listening
has grown on you?

How many times have you listened to what someone is telling you, but
didn't
really understand?

Does that sentence actually mean anything or are you just typing
again?

Obviously, your reading comprehension is stunted.

You don't understand (my) above sentence!!!? Wow, sorry. I didn't
realise you were that retarded.

If you disregard all music because it doesn't grab
you in the first "15-30 seconds" you're discounting at least 60% of
most music and that's just in the popular domain.

You haven't a clue. Let me help you with that.
http://codesmiths.com/shed/things/clueiron/

You been saving that page just for an occasion like this? It wasn't
worth it.

You're right - any effort spent speaking to you is wasted.

Yet you do, LOL

Ever listen to Thomas Köner's Permafrost?

A corollary of Sturgeon's Revelation would be - 90% of all music is
dreck...especially "pop" music.

You only seems to endorse opinions that back up your own.

D'oh! You don't even speak english.

You didn't realise that the language we are both speaking *is*
English!!!? Jeeeez, advanced retardation huh?

The notion of "good" music cannot be defined by any one person or
indeed a group of people.

It's just too funny! Here, try this....take the longest pencil you can
find. Sharpen it as far as practicable. Now, shove it in each ear, as
deeply as you can. How's that sound?

A lot better than Tom Smith.

Try listening to some music then deciding
for "yourself" whether you actually like it based on how it made you
feel as opposed to following the dogma of someone else's taste.

Considering your entire lack of taste (and brains)......

Getting lame now, you're boring me.

In
case you didn't know, music appreciation is a very personal thing and
"all" tastes, therefore "all" expressions and variations of music are
valid. Just because "you" don't like it doesn't make it bad. For
example, I listened to some of the stuff your link led to. I found it
exceedingly dull (it was supposed to be funny right?) but that doesn't
mean to say my granny wouldn't like it.

If you find Tom Smith dull, then it's Whooshed you again.

YOU are Tom Smith... aren't you? You must be. No-one else would
intentionally plug that crap unless you are the one making it.

Nevertheless, I have a fairly large collection of vinyl, cassettes,
8-tracks, reel-to-reel tapes, CDs & DVDs...and even a few wire recordings.

Wire recordings?

Ignorant child. Do you wish to claim to be the elder again?

So you don't know?

You must really hate Classical music then as that stuff can take 30+
mins
to get started.

Clearly, you haven't any knowledge of classical, either. Yeah, I must
really hate classical...Deutsche Grammophon anyone?

So you don't remember typing....

Any recording that doesn't get my attention in the
first 15-30 seconds is never going to get my attention.

Ah....so you hate classical. Pathetic ****.

You're insulting yourself now, LOL

What _do_ you know something about? It would be a good idea, if you were
stick to subjects that you have some knowledge of.

I think 20 years in the music business as a musician, sound engineer
and producer gives me a bit of an edge.

I don't believe you.

Like I care.

If you are really old enough for this to be true, then
explain your ignorance regarding wire recording.

You claim to like music yet you plug Tom Smith indicating you know
nothing of music and have zero musical taste yet you slag others
work!!!. Go figure.

That's the beauty of real music appreciation. Everyone has knowledge
of what they like but some of us learn to temper our "opinions" and
not use them as a way to "big up" ourselves by dissing other peoples
efforts just for the sake of it.

****. That's EXACTLY what your recording sounded like.

My recording!!!? LOL, you're such a loser. So that's what your
aggressiveness is all about, I don't even know her. Now go away,
you've bored me to much.

Singer/songwriter ashtray Pro Audio 2 June 30th 06 02:43 PM
Advice wanted - Singer/songwriter - Stereo/mono mics + technique [email protected] Pro Audio 8 September 8th 05 10:21 PM
Audio Sonic Restoration at a great price Check This out!!!!!! Steve Marketplace 0 April 14th 05 11:36 PM
Any interest in an entire discrete 32 x 24 console w great sound & great layout? DonO Pro Audio 6 December 17th 03 05:23 AM
Singer-Songwriter Amos Builds a Bridge for Artists Rob Adelman Pro Audio 12 October 20th 03 06:06 PM