Posted to rec.audio.misc
[email protected] ag2001_email@yahoo.co.in is offline

Default Internal Modem picks up AM radio stations ???

Hello All,
Surprise, Surprise!!!! My Internal Modem (PCI) is picking up radio
interference on AM frequency 1000 KHz or somewhere thereabouts. I am
resident of Mumbai, INDIA. I can faintly hear "All India Radio
Service", which is 1044 kHz i.e., known as Mumbai 'A' & Mumbai 'B'
stations here. I can hear the sound from modems on-board speaker, of
course with some noise but pretty clear to make out whats being
braodcasted. Is this a known phenomenon?? I am wondering what exactly
within the card is acting as AM receiver & feeding it to the internal
speaker. Its rainy season here. Do you think moisture or grounding
problems could be this unintended behaviour.

Thank you,
AshishG