Posted to rec.audio.misc
Harald Harald is offline

Default Looking for a program - convert G711a files to MP3

Hi

I consider buying an Innovaphone phone system. The voicemail system stores
the messages as G711a files. I want to develop a program that convert this
files to a more "normal format" (MP3 etc) and attach the converted file to
an e-mail which will be sent to the voice mail owner. (In this way I can
easily tell out of office users that there is a new voicemail waiting).

Question: Do you know about a program that can convert from G711a to other
audio file formats? (Command line support needed)

If you have any information that may be helpful, please let me know.

Best regards
Harald