Posted to rec.audio.misc
Roy Batty Roy Batty is offline

Default Old Speaker Dataplate - can anyone identify it?

This speaker enclosure (since re-drivered with new woofer and tweeter)
was in my family as long as I can remember, certainly since the mid
70s:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/swampfoot/524368861/

Anyone have any idea who made it, and what year it might have been
purchased in?

Thanks!

Array Array is offline
Member

Location: The Great Praries of Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Batty View Post
This speaker enclosure (since re-drivered with new woofer and tweeter)
was in my family as long as I can remember, certainly since the mid
70s:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/swampfoot/524368861/

Anyone have any idea who made it, and what year it might have been
purchased in?

Thanks!
Hi Fella, it is difficult to say what it is. Considering it was probably built in the 1970's it could be one of a myriad of short lived companies / brand names which flourished at the time. In the 70's, the hey-days of Hi-Fi, you could sell just about anything becuase of the huge demand / interest in owning a home hi-fidelity system. Your speaker is probably a 'stencil' speaker, that is, made for a department store by a speaker manufacturer then labelled whatever the store wanted it as.
Posted to rec.audio.misc
[email protected] 1shado1@sbcglobal.net is offline

On May 31, 11:03 pm, Roy Batty wrote:
This speaker enclosure (since re-drivered with new woofer and tweeter)
was in my family as long as I can remember, certainly since the mid
70s:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/swampfoot/524368861/

Anyone have any idea who made it, and what year it might have been
purchased in?

Thanks!

My very limited access to the 2004 (yeah, kinda old) Orion Bluebooks
shows that the 'MX' series of components and speakers were sold by
Magnavox. I have no idea hat years they were available. FWIW, Orion
shows a pair of the 2770 speakers in 'best' condition to be worth
$54. Sorry I can't provide more info.
A place called audiokarma.org might provide more answers to your
questions.
Simply join, and post your questions in one of the specific forums,
such as vintage audio, or speakers. Very helpful, friendly folks,
very much into older audio gear.

Jeff