Array Array is offline
Member

Location: The Great Praries of Canada!
Default B&O CD-50 cd player

Anyone here have any comments as to the sonics of this b&o CD-50 single tray CD player? From what I understand, it is a nice sounding unit.

Last edited by Array : January 17th 12 at 08:56 PM
Posted to rec.audio.misc
Mark D. Zacharias Mark D. Zacharias is offline

Array wrote:
Anyone here have any comments as to the sonics of this b&o CD-50
single tray CD player? From what I understand, it is a nice sounding
unit.

Filename: CD-50 Medley -opt.JPG |
Download: http://www.audiobanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=126|

It's old technology - I would guess it uses analog filtering, which might be
preferable to earlier digital-filtered models. A later model with
eight-times or greater oversampling should be superior, I would think.
Still, it's in the eyes of the beholder, so to speak - is it not?

Mark Z.

Array Array is offline
Member

Location: The Great Praries of Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark D. Zacharias View Post
Array wrote:
Anyone here have any comments as to the sonics of this b&o CD-50
single tray CD player? From what I understand, it is a nice sounding
unit.

Filename: CD-50 Medley -opt.JPG |
Download: http://www.audiobanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=126|

It's old technology - I would guess it uses analog filtering, which might be
preferable to earlier digital-filtered models. A later model with
eight-times or greater oversampling should be superior, I would think.
Still, it's in the eyes of the beholder, so to speak - is it not?

Mark Z.
Hi Mark, the B&O is probably not without it's charm. For a couple hundred extra dollars I'd rather bag a used top end Rotel.