Posted to rec.audio.misc
sonaria sonaria is offline

Default EMS Synthi Sequencer 256 (formerly known as Synthi Moog Sequencer)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=150050998917

EMS Synthi Sequencer 256 (formerly known as Synthi Moog Sequencer),
very rare separate version of the Synthi 100 sequencer . Very few of
them were produced back in the very early 70's. Designed by David
Cockerell. Features the following options:

-Layers with 2 Control Voltages plus Key Parameters
-Fourth Key only Layer
-Five Octave Velocity Sensistive Keyboard
-256 Event x 42 bit Memory
-Each event comprises 2 x 6-bit Control Voltages and 13-bit Start &
Stop times
-Internal (0.1 - 200 Hz) or External Clock
-Plays Forwards and Backwards
-Editing

Classic piece of electronic music history, it was surely the most
sophisticated sequencer of the early synth years. List price in 1974
was $6500 in the States or 2500 pounds in UK. Looking incredibly cool.
Every picnic would need a Synthi like that. The world would be
different. I would not sell it I have not to. Cosmetic condition is
very good (some traces of being used in the studio during the years,
see the pictures; never on the road), working condition should be very
good either , however sold as is because of the age. It was originally
part of the one of the few modern electronic music studios fully based
on EMS equipment founded in 1973. Serial number 6023, what means it is
probably 23-rd unit ever produced. I guess not many more than 50 units
were produced in general. Power plug included. To be picked up from
Hayes, London or I will ship everywhere, however it might be expensive
as the unit is quite big and heavy (more than 40 lbs). Payment through
paypal, bank wire or cash.

You may find more info about this monster in the web:
http://www.ems-synthi.demon.co.uk/emsprods.html#seq256
http://members.tripod.com/werdav/vosyn100.htm
http://www.obsolete.com/120_years/ma...ems/index.html