Posted to rec.audio.misc
[email protected] peluo1@aol.com is offline

Default Are NBA games broadcast in surround sound??

I have searched for this and all I find is that the HD broadcast of the
games will COME with 5.1 surround sound. I do not have an hdtv or hdtv
service, so with my home theater system would I be able to get these
games in 5.1 surround sound?

Posted to rec.audio.misc
whosbest54 whosbest54 is offline

In article . com,
says...

I have searched for this and all I find is that the HD broadcast of the
games will COME with 5.1 surround sound. I do not have an hdtv or hdtv
service, so with my home theater system would I be able to get these
games in 5.1 surround sound?

Right, the ABC HD NBA games are in 5.1 DD surround and sound pretty good.

You will be limited depending on what sort of TV tuner you have in your
TV, VCR or cable box and what the station you get puts out for sound. In
most instances, if you have a stereo TV tuner for MTS sound, and the
station broadcasts that way, then you can get stereo and use a surround
decoder, like a DPL decoder to get a surround effect.

In order to get stereo sound and decode it, you will have to hook up the
TV, VCR or cable box correctly to your receiver. This normally involves
using the stereo line level audio out from the unit with the tuner. It
should be noted that the RF out of a VCR or cable box normally doesn't
carry MTS sound when the tuner in the VCR or cable box is used.

whosbest54

http://www.geocities.com/whosbest54/

http://www.geocities.com/whosbest54/rmb.html