Posted to rec.audio.misc
MarkS MarkS is offline

Default Computer Music Streaming Opinion

R.A.M,
I am getting up to speed with interfacing my PC (not MAC) to my audio
system. There seems to be quite a few music stores out there. I guess
Napster was one of the originals. Just browsing and picking out some rare
tracks, I've found holes in their respective catalogs, me being a product of
the 60's & 70's. I am looking at a Roku streamer to inerface to my system. I
guess my question is one of store preference for 60's and 70's depth and
maybe a link to good reference reading on the technology itself.
Thanks,
Mark

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

"MarkS" writes:

R.A.M,
I am getting up to speed with interfacing my PC (not MAC) to my audio
system. There seems to be quite a few music stores out there. I guess
Napster was one of the originals. Just browsing and picking out some rare
tracks, I've found holes in their respective catalogs, me being a product of
the 60's & 70's. I am looking at a Roku streamer to inerface to my system. I
guess my question is one of store preference for 60's and 70's depth and
maybe a link to good reference reading on the technology itself.
Thanks,
Mark

http://pandora.com/ is worth a look for free. You dn't get to
directly pick what you want to hear, but it's a neat way to learn of
all sorts of things that are like tunes that you enjoy.

--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H
\ / | http://www.toddh.net/
Posted to rec.audio.misc
DaveW DaveW is offline

Before you commit to the Roku may I seriously suggest you consider an
alternative that is higher rated by audiophiles for higher fidelity, ease of
use, flexibility, and support: Slim Devices "SqueezeBox". I did a lot of
reading and research on line and in magazines and the SqueezeBox always came
out on top of its competitors. (And, no, I don't work for them. I'm just a
very satisfied customer
Visit: http://www.slimdevices.com/

--
DaveW

----------------
"MarkS" wrote in message
ink.net...
R.A.M,
I am getting up to speed with interfacing my PC (not MAC) to my audio
system. There seems to be quite a few music stores out there. I guess
Napster was one of the originals. Just browsing and picking out some rare
tracks, I've found holes in their respective catalogs, me being a product
of
the 60's & 70's. I am looking at a Roku streamer to inerface to my system.
guess my question is one of store preference for 60's and 70's depth and
maybe a link to good reference reading on the technology itself.
Thanks,
Mark

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Mark S Mark S is offline

"DaveW" wrote in message
Before you commit to the Roku may I seriously suggest you consider an
alternative that is higher rated by audiophiles for higher fidelity, ease
of use, flexibility, and support: Slim Devices "SqueezeBox". I did a lot
of reading and research on line and in magazines and the SqueezeBox always
came out on top of its competitors. (And, no, I don't work for them. I'm
just a very satisfied customer
Visit: http://www.slimdevices.com/

Hi Dave,
I'll look into them as well, seems the two always are mentioned together.
Surfing the web, I found the simplistic Linksys Musicbridge as well. I will
be using the coaxial digital output to my DAC. Is there a quality aspect to
the digital signal between them or is it mostly a feature / software
differences?
Thanks,
Mark

--
DaveW

----------------
"MarkS" wrote in message
ink.net...
R.A.M,
I am getting up to speed with interfacing my PC (not MAC) to my audio
system. There seems to be quite a few music stores out there. I guess
Napster was one of the originals. Just browsing and picking out some rare
tracks, I've found holes in their respective catalogs, me being a product
of
the 60's & 70's. I am looking at a Roku streamer to inerface to my
system. I
guess my question is one of store preference for 60's and 70's depth and
maybe a link to good reference reading on the technology itself.
Thanks,
Mark

Vienna Symphonic Orchestra Pro Performance ( VSL ), EXS24, 27 DVDs, and GIGA, 43 DVDs, and Quantum Leap music tools, 15 DVDs futa General 0 May 5th 05 01:37 PM
Turntable report Jenn High End Audio 81 May 2nd 05 03:26 AM
Voluntary Collective Licensing of Music File Sharing Greg Pro Audio 11 September 1st 04 03:29 PM
On the difference between music lovers and audiophiles [email protected] Vacuum Tubes 4 January 9th 04 01:20 PM
Sound, Music, Balance Robert Trosper High End Audio 1 November 21st 03 04:09 AM