Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Mark D

Default VPI HW-19 Tables and Upgrades

Hi all, A few weeks ago, I had discoverd that VPI has discontinued
production of the HW-19 Series of Turntables.

I have no personal idea when exactly VPI began the manufacture of this
Series of Tables, and I bought mine about 5 years ago.

One of the main reasons-selling points of me buying mine was the future
ability to perhaps eventually upgrade, with better Platter, Plinth,
Suspension, Armboard, etc.

Now it no longer appears I'll ever be able to do that.

I had found VPI's website, read their FAQ, and one statement they do
make, was that they sell products that will not obsolesce, and be
upgradeable. Evidently, this doesn't seem to be the case. I'm sure
100's, if not 1000's of VPI HW-19's have been sold over the years, and
it appears all of us are now left hanging with a product that can now
never be upgraded in the future.

Two weeks ago, I had written to VPI expressing my concerns/questions
about HW-19 upgrade parts availability, and also my Turntable's Dealer,
MusicDirect in Chicago, and have not gotten a response from either. It
appeared VPI had a "Contact us" Yahoo emaill addy, and I thought this
sort of strange?

Guess VPI has left only one option for a better Table in the future.
Sell it, and buy another.
Mark