Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion

Default sennheiser HD540 reference2

I have an old HD540 reference2 Sennheiser headphones which I want to
replace.
They served me well and I was very happy with them, but since they're
old they
need some parts replacements that costs almost like a new set.
I wonder where these headphones are positioned compared to the current
Sennheiser models, so I can choose a similar model or a better one.

Thanks.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion

The HD595 are very expensive here, I would choose them only if there's
no other choice.
But what about the HD555 ? How are they compared to the HD540 ?

Thanks.