Default AVR-3805 setup question

In addition to a 5.1 speaker configuration I have five pairs of
distributed audio speakers (garage, backyard, etc). I would like the
AVR-3805 to drive one pair of these speakers at a time, selectable from
a Speco speaker selector, at a volume that can be controlled down by
the in-wall volume control each pair of speakers is wired through. The
right and left Multi Zone speaker terminals on the AVR-3805 are wired
to the corresponding inputs on the Speco, with the distributed pairs
going out from there.

No matter how I have the receiver configured the best I can do is a
whisper from the headphone jack on the Speco when Zone 2 is used. Even
then, with the in-wall volume control turned all the way up, I get no
sound at all from teh distributed audio speakers. What am I doing
wrong? How can I get the AVR-3805 to put more volume into Zone 2 and
thus into the Speco? I have read the manual and tried the various
setting sit describes with no better results. HELP!

Thanks,
Charlie
clunetta

Simon,
Thank you very much! That did the trick, and I do not see it in
the manual. I appreciate your help.

Charlie