Peter

Default Jolida JD-100A CD Player Dealers

I am considering purchasing a Jolida JD-100A CD player, but I don't know
which dealer to consider.

Both Verastarr and Response Audio sell this CD player with certain mods at
the list price of about $900 plus shipping.

Verastarr does the following:-
a.. Change out the dull sounding stock Chinese tubes for ElectroHarmonix
12AX7A's of Russia. This greatly opens the top end and increases clarity and
detail; directly relating to depth of image.

b.. Replace a pair of the inexpensive stamped metal Gold RCA outputs with
much higher build quality Rhodium over Silver plate Cardas Audio jacks for
the ultimate in signal transfer. These are also built much more robust for a
longer service life.

c.. Rewire internally with teflon-insulated 99.999% pure solid core
silver-covered copper wire. This replaces the very thin, tinned, stranded
copper wire that is in the stock unit.

d.. Replace the 4 diodes in the power supply with Fairchild Stealth
ultrafast soft recovery diodes.

e.. Damp the inside of the chassis, transformers, and transport with 9
StarrDamp CS damping sheets. This adds mass to the thin sheet metal used in
the cover, and internal walls. It unlocks low level detail lost to
resonation and vibration that reach the transport mechanism and ultimately
the laser, which cause degradation of the signal. The Copper layer makes our
damping material superior to all others since it acts as an RFI shield in
addition to damping.

f.. 4 KTS Super ISO-Damp Discs for use under the player. This gives you
the ultimate in chassis isolation, and vibration absorption.
Response Audio does the following:-

Upgraded tubes installed-$19.00 value
Heavy damping throughout chassis, lid, and transport
JAM'n Audio PRO 14S shielded power cord.

On the surface it certainly appears that "one gets much more for one's
money" by purchasing the player from Verastarr, but perhaps there are
"hidden reasons" why one of the above dealers might be better than the
other. I also do not know which tubes Response Audio supplies. Furthermore
I do not see a great deal of advantage for a 5 ft.long shielded power cord
which Response Audio supplies but Verastarr does not.

In light of all of the above I would indeed be grateful for information if
anybody has any experience with either of these dealers, and what you might
think about the proposed mods.

Please also note that one can spend almost another $1000 for in-depth
updates from two other dealers, i.e. Underwood HiFi and Sound Odyssey, but
the president of Jolida tells me that their in-depth mods are really not
necessary, and may actually detract from the intended sound of the CD
player.

Please also note that none of the mods from the four dealers above
invalidate the 18 months parts and labor Jolida warranty.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Upgraded tubes installed- $19.90 value
Heavy damping throughout chassis, lid and transport
JAM'n Audio PRO 14S shielded power cord.
Upgraded tubes installed- $19.90 value
Heavy damping throughout chassis, lid and transport
JAM'n Audio PRO 14S shielded power cord.

Upgraded tubes installed- $19.90 value
Heavy damping throughout chassis, lid and transport
JAM'n Audio PRO 14S shielded power cord.

Uptown Audio

We also sell the Jolida products and agree with Jolida's position.
-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA
(540) 343-1250

"Peter" wrote in message
[...]

Paul Hnida Paul Hnida is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter
[...]

Hi Peter,

I saw your post on the Internet.

I too am considering a Jolida JD-100A CD player.

Which dealer did you choose and are you happy with your choice?

Thanks.

Paul