Jay Levitt

Default Mic quick clips

I have a number of microphone Quick Klips, made by On Stage Stands.
Berklee also uses clips like these, but their clips are about one
millimeter larger in diameter, and the little spring-loaded nub is gold,
not silver. Naturally, the On Stage clips don't fit into these, and it
makes using my own microphones a pain, since the clips are practically
glued into the Berklee stands at this point. Berklee bought them many
years ago and nobody remembers where they come from. Does anyone have a
clue where to find them?

--
Jay Levitt |
Wellesley, MA | Hi!
Scott Dorsey

Jay Levitt wrote:
I have a number of microphone Quick Klips, made by On Stage Stands.
Berklee also uses clips like these, but their clips are about one
millimeter larger in diameter, and the little spring-loaded nub is gold,
not silver. Naturally, the On Stage clips don't fit into these, and it
makes using my own microphones a pain, since the clips are practically
glued into the Berklee stands at this point. Berklee bought them many
years ago and nobody remembers where they come from. Does anyone have a
clue where to find them?

I bet they are using the old Atlas ones. Although my Atlas ones don't have
any gold nub.
Benjamin Maas

The really old LO-2B quick releases have a "nub" made of brass. Some of
them were plated, but often the plating came off leaving the metal
exposed... Be aware that over the years the LO-2B has also had
inconsistencies in size, specifically between the black and silver ones.
Often I have issues getting black receivers to slide easily over the silver
bases...

--Ben

--
Benjamin Maas
Fifth Circle Audio

Please remove "Nospam" from address for replies

Some Quick Rules MDHJWH Audio Opinions 0 November 10th 04 07:30 AM
Monitor Shopping...some quick comparisons. Yuri T. Pro Audio 10 October 14th 04 02:45 PM
Quick Nuendo Production Presets Tren Pro Audio 3 March 26th 04 05:19 PM
quick Q on speaker/channel troubleshooting... Thom Price Car Audio 2 March 11th 04 04:03 AM
Quick help with a couple of PA speakers Doc Gorpon Pro Audio 1 March 10th 04 12:20 AM