RB

Default shared file question

Are shared music files always available for others to copy/download? I know
they are when Limewire or WinMX are in use. But, are those music files
still available to others when the programs are not in use? Just curious.

Arny Krueger

"RB" wrote in message
. ..

Are shared music files always available for others to copy/download?

If they are automatically shared when the computer boots, then yes they are.

I know they are when Limewire or WinMX are in use. But, are those music

files
still available to others when the programs are not in use? Just curious.

The answer to this depends on what is meant by "in use".

Do you have to be actively downloading files for your files to be visible on
the web? No.

As Mark correctly observed, you may have do something to keep the relevant
programs from being loaded at boot time if you want to keep others from
seeing the shared folder on your computer.

In Windows, MSCONFIG is the tool for controlling what programs are run at
start up. By default, there is no Desktop or Start Menu icon for MSCONFIG.
However, the MSCONFIG program can be easily run by using the Run option of
the Start Menu. If the MSCONFIG program does not start when you try to run
it, this may be due to a virus infestation.

what is .rm file? RB General 2 November 4th 03 12:24 AM
unknown audio file format M.Laymon General 1 October 31st 03 03:25 PM
cd music file burning technique question Jimbo General 0 September 2nd 03 08:08 AM
Question time - help please Kingy75 General 0 August 15th 03 01:14 AM
Cool Edit Pro 2, regions question Muffin Man General 1 July 17th 03 02:41 PM