RB

Default what is .rm file?

Got an .rm music file from a friend. The question is what the heck can open
and play it?

I have MediaPlayer, Winamp, and Nero. Don't think any of these will do it.

What the heck is an .rm file?

CJT

RB wrote:

Got an .rm music file from a friend. The question is what the heck can open
and play it?

I have MediaPlayer, Winamp, and Nero. Don't think any of these will do it.

What the heck is an .rm file?

It's probably RealMedia -- did you try the RealPlayer?

--
After being targeted with gigabytes of trash by the "SWEN" worm, I have
concluded we must conceal our e-mail address. Our true address is the
Philipp Wachtel

Got an .rm music file from a friend. The question is what the heck can
open
and play it?

I have MediaPlayer, Winamp, and Nero. Don't think any of these will do

it.

What the heck is an .rm file?

It's probably RealMedia -- did you try the RealPlayer?

In fact it MUST BE RealMedia (assuming, the .rm tag is used correctly), so
you need the RealPlayer to listen to it - I donīt know any other program
that can play .rm files - probably because of licensing!

Get the FREE RealOne player (the small grey link in the right upper corner -
donīt get fooled by the big fat FREE Download button!) , the commercial
version is only loaded with more needless crap!

RealMedia is a kind of relic from former aeons of the internet. Actually, it
was the first media compression format used widely in the mid to late 1990s.
Back then it was considered "good" - mainly because there was no real
alternative for streaming media over the net - but somewhen the quality got
into a state of stagnation. Meanwhile there are way better formats and if
possible, I would not use RealMedia anymore.

Phil

unknown audio file format M.Laymon General 1 October 31st 03 04:25 PM
corrupted wave files Jay Blanchard General 3 October 24th 03 04:31 AM
cd music file burning technique question Jimbo General 0 September 2nd 03 08:08 AM
Nomad Jukebox 3 Pandora General 18 August 12th 03 09:21 AM
Advantage of tape over MD? Jan Philips General 226 August 10th 03 07:40 AM