Karl Engel

Default Nakamichi Random Play issue

A friend has a Nakamichi Soundspace 8. On Random Play, unlike most
systems, it doesn't keep track of what it's already played, and
frequently repeats tracks in the one listening session. Now I realize
that IS technically "random play", but not the definition the consumer
has come to expect. I don't know if this is a *fault* with the unit,
or just our expectation of what the term means. Does anyone else have
a Nak that does this?
UnionPac2001

A friend has a Nakamichi Soundspace 8. On Random Play, unlike most
systems, it doesn't keep track of what it's already played, and
frequently repeats tracks in the one listening session. Now I realize
that IS technically "random play", but not the definition the consumer
has come to expect. I don't know if this is a *fault* with the unit,
or just our expectation of what the term means. Does anyone else have
a Nak that does this?

Never owned a Nakamichi anything, but both of my old Pioneer CD player's (a
single disc model, and a 6 disc magazine changer) "random play" functions
operated in the same way. Didn't exclude tunes already played once. Very
annoying. I personally haven't seen a CD or DVD player in years that hasn't
addressed this problem.