Gary C

Default software with auto level recording

I am looking for software to capture audio, that includes auto-level
capability. I need this for a Windows XP platform, and preferable
freeware if it exists. I've used such a program on a Mac called
Coaster, but I have not been able to find any such freeware for
Windows. The reason I need the auto-level function is that the
program will be used by those who might find it too difficult to set
the recording levels in Windows, and the whole process should be as
simple as possible. Thanks.

Gary