Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Steve H[_2_] Steve H[_2_] is offline

Default CV5843 twin triode?

Hi,

I have several CV5843 Twin triodes, do they have a civilian equivalent
and are they any use for audio? Google shows many of the part finders
offering to sell me them but little else.

Steve H
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Bob Woodward Bob Woodward is offline

Steve H wrote:
Hi,

I have several CV5843 Twin triodes, do they have a civilian equivalent
and are they any use for audio? Google shows many of the part finders
offering to sell me them but little else.

Steve H

Google shows " 5965 " as another name for the CV5843
now Google for " 5965 triode " and you will find.

Robert
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Iveson Ian Iveson is offline

Steve H wrote:

I have several CV5843 Twin triodes, do they have a
civilian equivalent and are they any use for audio?
Google shows many of the part finders offering to sell me
them but little else.

You need

http://www.duncanamps.com/

Get to the "Tube data sheet locator" and it will lead you to
the "close or identical" 5965A, for which there is a little
data. If you follow the lead to the "different ratings or
performance" CK5965, you will find a datasheet with anode
characteristic curves.

Differences are likely to be such details as heater voltage,
base and pinout, so you need to be cautious. Characteristics
of operation are likely to be the same.

Looks OK to me, but it's not a direct replacement for any
common audio valve AFAIK, so you'd have to design a circuit
for it. Why you might want to do that I don't know.

It's designed to spend most of its time in cutoff, with
occasional zero-bias pulses, so there may be a question
about its longevity in an audio application, where it will
always be passing current.

Ian

300 ohm twin lead Norman Marketplace 0 March 21st 06 09:34 PM
Twin Reverb Raymond Koonce Vacuum Tubes 7 May 15th 05 09:07 PM
Using power triode or power pentode wired as a triode as a split-load phase splitter tube? at Vacuum Tubes 9 August 27th 04 11:24 AM
Using power triode/pentode wired as triode as a split load phase splitter tube? at Vacuum Tubes 4 August 27th 04 10:47 AM