Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Default The Death of The MidYut

Well, Boonie, when you gonna spill the beans?

With all the details, if you please ...

TIA.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Coconuts Coconuts is offline

What in the world is this newsgroup about? I came here to
solicit opinions as to whether re-foam-edging my Tannoy
SBM-6.5 speakers is a wise decision. This newsgroup doesn't
seem to be about audio at all.

Does "The Death of the Midyut" have anything to do with
audio? What does it mean? Yes, Boonie, please spill the
beans.

"GeoSynch" wrote in message
Well, Boonie, when you gonna spill the beans?

With all the details, if you please ...

TIA.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Jan 19, 4:46*pm, "Coconuts" wrote:
What in the world is this newsgroup about? I came here to
solicit opinions as to whether re-foam-edging my Tannoy
SBM-6.5 speakers is a wise decision. This newsgroup doesn't
seem to be about audio at all.

Does "The Death of the Midyut" have anything to do with
audio? What does it mean? Yes, Boonie, please spill the
beans.

If you can get a refoam kit, then it's worth it. That particular
Tannoy was a nice little monitor.

This place sells new woofers for the PBM 6.5, so they may be able to
help you as well:

http://www.speakerrepair.com/mm5/mer...&Category_Code

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
"Coconuts" wrote:

What in the world is this newsgroup about? I came here to
solicit opinions as to whether re-foam-edging my Tannoy
SBM-6.5 speakers is a wise decision. This newsgroup doesn't
seem to be about audio at all.

Looks like you could replace them entirely for under $100, so it depends
on how much you like refoaming stuff.

Stephen

"GeoSynch" wrote in message
Well, Boonie, when you gonna spill the beans?

With all the details, if you please ...

TIA.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"MiNe 109" wrote in message
"Coconuts" wrote:

What in the world is this newsgroup about? I came here to
solicit opinions as to whether re-foam-edging my Tannoy
SBM-6.5 speakers is a wise decision. This newsgroup
doesn't
seem to be about audio at all.

Looks like you could replace them entirely for under $100,
so it depends
on how much you like refoaming stuff.

I'm sorry, I'm not following you. How could I replace them
for under $100?

And thank you by the way. Two helpful replies when I really
wasn't expecting one.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Jan 19, 8:34*pm, "Coconuts" wrote:
"MiNe 109" wrote in message

"Coconuts" wrote:

What in the world is this newsgroup about? I came here to
solicit opinions as to whether re-foam-edging my Tannoy
SBM-6.5 speakers is a wise decision. This newsgroup
doesn't
seem to be about audio at all.

Looks like you could replace them entirely for under $100,
so it depends
on how much you like refoaming stuff.

I'm sorry, I'm not following you. How could I replace them
for under $100?

And thank you by the way. Two helpful replies when I really
wasn't expecting one.

Well, that site I linked offers a comparable woofer for $60 each. IIRC
refoam kits are usually available for around $40. It's a bit of work
to do it, but it's not too hard of a job if you know basic electronics.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Looks like you could replace them entirely for under $100,
so it depends
on how much you like refoaming stuff.

I'm sorry, I'm not following you. How could I replace them
for under $100?

And thank you by the way. Two helpful replies when I really
wasn't expecting one.

Well, that site I linked offers a comparable woofer for $60 each. IIRC
refoam kits are usually available for around $40. It's a bit of work
to do it, but it's not too hard of a job if you know basic electronics.

Refoaming has nothing to do with "electronics", it's an all
mechanical activity. If the foam is bad, refoam them.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
"Coconuts" wrote:

"MiNe 109" wrote in message
"Coconuts" wrote:

What in the world is this newsgroup about? I came here to
solicit opinions as to whether re-foam-edging my Tannoy
SBM-6.5 speakers is a wise decision. This newsgroup
doesn't
seem to be about audio at all.

Looks like you could replace them entirely for under $100,
so it depends
on how much you like refoaming stuff.

I'm sorry, I'm not following you. How could I replace them
for under $100?

Based on google finding craiglist and other forum listings:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/low-e...annoy-pbm-8-ii
-400-deal.html

I don't have an opinion on gearslutz as such.

And thank you by the way. Two helpful replies when I really
wasn't expecting one.

No problem!

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Jan 19, 7:35*pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article ,

*"Coconuts" wrote:
What in the world is this newsgroup about? I came here to
solicit opinions as to whether re-foam-edging my Tannoy
SBM-6.5 speakers is a wise decision. This newsgroup doesn't
seem to be about audio at all.

Looks like you could replace them entirely for under $100, so it depends
on how much you like refoaming stuff.

I saw a nice pair sell on eBay for $150. For $100 they may be a little
beat up.

Death to spammers geoff Pro Audio 16 September 23rd 09 12:08 AM
The death of culture? George M. Middius Audio Opinions 3 November 22nd 07 11:53 AM
Only death is sure nedelec General 1 March 21st 05 09:15 PM
The Death of Vinyl? Marc Phillips Audio Opinions 1 August 11th 03 11:38 PM