Fella

Default A Couple of questions on audioquest power cords and CD-Rs

Hi,

My system is as follows:
Densen beat b100 mk5 amp
Cambridge audio azur 640c cd player
Sonus Faber Concerto Grand Piano speaks
QED xtube 300 speaker wire + banana plugs

Anyways, recently a freind of mine was selling a pair of audioquest
power cords (their best) with "rf stoppers".. Being a sceptic of "power
cords" making a difference, etc, I still wanted to try it out so he gave
htem to me for an audition... So I tried them out, thinking what could
it possibley hurt?

I don't if the following effects I've experienced are "placebo" or not:
increase and more control in the bass, sweeter more extended treble,
more discernable and detailed micro dynamics. It was as if it was a REAL
upgrade of some sorts, a new cd player, a better amp ??

It was a pretty good system in the first place, but now the thing sounds
like a $30000 setup!

I am just thinking that "it's just freakin power, how could this be?"

But here comes the most curious part.. The azur cd player made "tak tak
tak" mechanical noise on some cd's, very AUDIBLE for instance with the
philip glass "koyaanisqatsi" cd, so much that it distracted from the
music on quiter passages. But with the audioquest used as power cord on
the azur even this mechanical noise disappeared!! ... Now asking you
guys (and why not gals?), any educated opinions as to how this is possible??

One last question: taking backup from my old CD's (notibly charlie haden
"ballad of the fallen") I've encountered a very annoying problem that
make these backups practically useless: On continuous pieces with track
numbers changing in the middle my CD player plays the tracks normally,
there is no cut off between tracks, the music does not cut, with the
original. But with the CD-r versions the player cuts the music to give a
two second in-between tracks silence which needles to say divides the
music and spoils the whole experience, the whole concept of the CD. Not
only the azur, but also a very expensice naim cd5 is doing the same
thing with the cd-r? Any ideas as to how I can overcome this problem?
SOme software (better then HP record now) or some special tye of cdr
made for audio specifically??

Any help much apreeciated, much obliged, happy listening.