Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute[_2_] Andre Jute[_2_] is offline

Default OT Is magnetic extra magnetic shielding required inside computer?

Can I have an opinion please, gentlemen.

To reduce the number of noisy fans inside a big custom-built computer,
we need to put the power supply right next to the hard disk. In most
computers the two are at opposite corners, maximum separation. Don't
worry about heat management, that'll be taken care of. This question
is only about magnetic shielding.

Is it necessary to add magnetic additional shielding between the power
supply and the hard disk in the proposed layout? If yes, what material
and how much of it?

Thanks.

Andre Jute
Visit Andre's books