Joel

Default What cassette deck sources are there out there?

I'm looking for good sources of info on cassette decks. Especially older
ones (1975-85). Tests, reviews, techs, specs, etc. Have spent the entire day
searching on the net but didn't find much. Help would be deeply appreciated.

//Joel

Dave Platt

I'm looking for good sources of info on cassette decks. Especially older
ones (1975-85). Tests, reviews, techs, specs, etc. Have spent the entire day
searching on the net but didn't find much. Help would be deeply appreciated.

Your local library may have back issues of "Audio" magazine, either in
paper form or on microfilm. These might have reviews of individual
recorders, and their annual (December-issue) component directory would
almost certainly have at least basic information about the decks
available on the market at that time.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO
George

In article , "Joel"
wrote:

I'm looking for good sources of info on cassette decks. Especially older
ones (1975-85). Tests, reviews, techs, specs, etc. Have spent the entire day
searching on the net but didn't find much. Help would be deeply appreciated.

//Joel

librarys should have past issuse of hi-fi rags from that era
decks were heavily reviewed

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Joel wrote:

I'm looking for good sources of info on cassette decks. Especially older
ones (1975-85). Tests, reviews, techs, specs, etc. Have spent the entire day
searching on the net but didn't find much. Help would be deeply appreciated.

//Joel

This is an old link (1995), but it has some information and opinions about
cassette decks on it:

http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~mleone/gdea...ide/index.html

Doug

Paul Stamler

"Dave Platt" wrote in message
I'm looking for good sources of info on cassette decks. Especially older
ones (1975-85). Tests, reviews, techs, specs, etc. Have spent the entire

day
searching on the net but didn't find much. Help would be deeply

appreciated.

Your local library may have back issues of "Audio" magazine, either in
paper form or on microfilm. These might have reviews of individual
recorders, and their annual (December-issue) component directory would
almost certainly have at least basic information about the decks
available on the market at that time.

October, IIRC.

Peace,
Paul

Marc Wielage

On Aug 26, 2004, Joel commented:

I'm looking for good sources of info on cassette decks. Especially older
ones (1975-85). Tests, reviews, techs, specs, etc. Have spent the entire day
searching on the net but didn't find much. Help would be deeply appreciated.
--------------------------------snip----------------------------------

Nakamichi had among the very best cassette decks ever made, particularly the
Dragon and the later CR-7A. Both decks had adjustable playback azimuth,
allowing you to quickly tweak the deck to almost all cassettes for optimum
playback (automatically in the case of the Dragon).

You can get some pretty good info on old Nakamichi decks from this period
here on the web:

http://www.naks.com/

and

http://www.sonicsense.com/nakfaq42.html