OrcaXP

Default Fisher RS-939 remote problem???

My cousin has a Fisher RS939 reciever. It works fine.
He did not the remote with the unit. The original owner
finally found the remote to the RS939 and gave it to my cousin.
They can not get the remote to work. New batteries and pushing buttons does
not work.
I had the same problem with my Sony reciever. Went to the Sony store and
tried the remote on another unit. It worked. The salesman told me I pushed a
button and set the reciever so it would not respond. Went home and fixed the
problem.
There are no stores with the RS939 unit in them. Is there a way to check the
remote to see if it is working?

Jerry G.

Many of the service centres have a remote control checker. The simple ones
are an instrument that can indicate of the remote is functioning. The more
sophisticated ones have a data output that can be read by the proper
instruments, or just simply viewed on a scope.

Some of the home video cameras will see IR output of the remote if you point
it in to the lens. This is a simple way to see if the unit is putting
anything out. If so, the next step would be to analyse the data output,
which not many places are set up to do.

Most of the time, the problems are with the remotes. But, it is also
possible that there is an internal problem with the receiver, or there is a
function on it disable the remote.

--

Jerry G.