LCaffrey

Default iPod network Aux interface?

Hi,

I am looking for a piece of equipment that does the following - if
such a thing exists.

I have wire-line and wireless network (TCP/IP) access throughout my
house. I have a network port near the music system. I am getting tired
of my kids scratching all my CDs and theirs. I would like to be able
to get an iPod to stick into the AUX port of the music system. I would
also like to manage the iPod from my PC while it is connected to the
music system. I don't want to have to connect and re-connect the iPod
every time that I want to mange the music on the iPod. I would like to
be able to treat the iPod as a network device from my PC and and have
it interact normally with the music system.

Does such a thing exist? What is it called? Where can I get one?

Regards

Liam Caffrey

LCaffrey

I was thinking iPod or something like an iPod because, I could carry
it away to the car if I wanted. There is no computer at the location
of the music system and there won't be. It is in the middle of the
living room.

So, a unit that will alow me to treat an iPod (or similar) like a
network device via the USB or firewire?

If I put in a USB mini-hub or router, would that do the trick?

Regards

Liam

Laurence Payne wrote in message . ..
On 16 Jul 2004 08:40:59 -0700, (LCaffrey) wrote:

I have wire-line and wireless network (TCP/IP) access throughout my
house. I have a network port near the music system. I am getting tired
of my kids scratching all my CDs and theirs. I would like to be able
to get an iPod to stick into the AUX port of the music system. I would
also like to manage the iPod from my PC while it is connected to the
music system. I don't want to have to connect and re-connect the iPod
every time that I want to mange the music on the iPod. I would like to
be able to treat the iPod as a network device from my PC and and have
it interact normally with the music system.

Does such a thing exist? What is it called? Where can I get one?

Must it be an iPod? Why couldn't it be a hard drive on one of the
networked computers?