Les Cargill

Default Do SM57s rattle?

I've got a weird noise on an electric guitar track. I don't think it's the
amp, and I'm wondering if it's the screen on the business end of an (older)
SM57, which is looser than it once was.

Does this happen? Eh?

--
Les Cargill
chris wollard

Mine used to do it ALL the damn time on toms, and it ****ed me off to
no end. I finally taped the head/grill enclosure in place, as normally
they can move 360 degrees around the capsule. It worked, but you have
to make sure NOT to cover up the side vents, as this changes the polar
pattern.
Chris W.

I've got a weird noise on an electric guitar track. I don't think it's the
amp, and I'm wondering if it's the screen on the business end of an (older)
SM57, which is looser than it once was.

Does this happen? Eh?

Twist Turner

Hummm, maybe a little bit of silicone would hold it in place and stop
the rattling, couldn't hurt to try.

Twist Turner
http://tinyurl.com/ul70

Geoff Wood

"Twist Turner" wrote in message
Hummm, maybe a little bit of silicone would hold it in place and stop
the rattling, couldn't hurt to try.

BluTack. Also some 57's are looser than others. But then again, some are
tighter (?!).

geoff

Les Cargill

Geoff Wood wrote:

"Twist Turner" wrote in message
Hummm, maybe a little bit of silicone would hold it in place and stop
the rattling, couldn't hurt to try.

BluTack. Also some 57's are looser than others. But then again, some are
tighter (?!).

geoff

Thanks, guys. Narrow strip of electrical tape, between the body and the
grille assembly. No mo' rattle.

--
Les Cargill