Posted to rec.audio.pro
Dazzler69 Dazzler69 is offline

Default Onkyo tx-ds656 setup

Hi, trying to set this Onkyo tx-ds656 up.

Manual
http://filedepot.onkyousa.com/Files/...21163a46587962

Here are my elements so far.
I have a digital optical on the At&t box, no port on the tv for
digital optical only audio cords.
I plugged the audio cords into video 1 and got two speakers going,
front 2 main speakers.

Manual says to use tv for setup maybe? Can't get that to work so far
plugging it into tv av1 so far.

Test audio works so far for all the 5 speakers, I am using other types
of speakers that did not come with Onkyo. Also the subwoofer that is
powered from another home system has a cable that does not plug in
also so far. It's like a 8 pin, only thing close to a port is s-video
port that it does not fit into.

Any help and I am grateful.

I am going to try and call Best buy and Onkyo for help.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Webb[_3_] Richard Webb[_3_] is offline

for Dazzler69:

Try one of the consumer electronics newsgroup. THis is not
a forum where you're likely to get that sort of help.

FOlks here discuss the techniques and equipment used to
capture the audio in the movies and television programs you
view. ONe of the consumer electronics forums would probably get you quicker results.

Richard
.... Remote audio in the southland: See www.gatasound.com

Onkyo products Eddie G Tech 2 October 6th 07 02:46 AM
Sub setup in an SUV, Single 12W7 setup or Dual 12W6 Marcello B Car Audio 4 February 20th 04 02:05 AM
FS Onkyo 919 with remote, manuals and original reciept-Onkyo 919THX Receiver Phil Marketplace 0 September 23rd 03 03:05 AM
onkyo recievers Rob Cohen Audio Opinions 0 August 5th 03 08:15 PM
Please help w/Onkyo TX DS595 Dan General 1 July 10th 03 02:55 AM