Posted to rec.audio.pro
Yuri Degg Yuri Degg is offline

Default Define x: iPod earbuds are rebranded x

Although I don't own an iPod, I would like to also check my mixes on the
same earbuds where they will probably get listened to the most.

Presuming that iPod earbuds are off-the-shelf parts that Apple orders
and rebrands, does anyone know what their native make and model are?

TIA...

--
As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs,
I can do without the rock and roll.

-- Mick Shrimpton, "This Is Spinal Tap"
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Yuri Degg wrote:
Although I don't own an iPod, I would like to also check my mixes on the
same earbuds where they will probably get listened to the most.

Presuming that iPod earbuds are off-the-shelf parts that Apple orders
and rebrands, does anyone know what their native make and model are?

As far as I know, all the actual earbuds out there are made in the same
cluster of factories in Ningbo province. The thing is... you go to a factory,
you tell them what you want... they provide samples... you approve them, and
then they make them.

So _nothing_ is really off the shelf, they are all kind of custom models.

Note that there are a lot of places making in-ear plugs.... but the earbuds
are very much a regional item.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Kuschel Richard Kuschel is offline

On Aug 19, 6:56*pm, Yuri Degg wrote:
Although I don't own an iPod, I would like to also check my mixes on the
same earbuds where they will probably get listened to the most.

Presuming that iPod earbuds are off-the-shelf parts that Apple orders
and rebrands, does anyone know what their native make and model are?

TIA...

--
As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs,
I can do without the rock and roll.

* * *-- Mick Shrimpton, "This Is Spinal Tap"

If what you want is a set of Ipod earbuds, I'm sure that you can pick
up a set from any one of dozens of people who have upgraded.

I personally find them to be very uncomfortable and rather vile
sounding.

Those earbuds let in so much ambient noise that they are a major
contributing factor in deafness.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
gjsmo gjsmo is offline

On Aug 19, 8:56*pm, Yuri Degg wrote:
Although I don't own an iPod, I would like to also check my mixes on the
same earbuds where they will probably get listened to the most.

Presuming that iPod earbuds are off-the-shelf parts that Apple orders
and rebrands, does anyone know what their native make and model are?

TIA...

--
As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs,
I can do without the rock and roll.

* * *-- Mick Shrimpton, "This Is Spinal Tap"

Just buy them at the apple store.
Or get a pair of skullcandys (not quite as common, though).
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Yuri Degg wrote:

Although I don't own an iPod, I would like to also check my mixes on the
same earbuds where they will probably get listened to the most.

Presuming that iPod earbuds are off-the-shelf parts that Apple orders
and rebrands, does anyone know what their native make and model are?

Thanks to all respondents. Very interesting info on the production
process, Scott.

Looks like I'll necessarily have to get them through Apple at 29¤.
Pretty hefty price, for what they are.

And yes, I fully expect them to sound awful, which is exactly why I need
to also check my mixes on them.