Bank

Default My amplifier makes a Brum/noise

Hi

I have an old Sugden A28-II amplifier and some time ago it started making a
noise or like a "brum" sound in my speakers. The noise is increasing when I
turn up the volume.

I have tried to change som capasitors/condensors, but it didn't help. Does
anybody know what it could be?

Carsten

Jerry G.

I have had this type of fault, if I think what it is from past experience in
servicing power amplifiers. Get an ESR meter, and do a very close check of
all the caps in the amp. Pay very close attention to the supply bias
voltages, especially for the inverse feedback circuits.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com