JohnV

Default Door Speakers

I have a Ford Escape and want to change out my front/rear door speakers. I
was looking at getting two sets of Pioneer TS A6867's( 3 ways) . A friend
recommended putting those in front and TS A6857 ( 2 ways) in the rear doors
for better sound? Said the 2 ways would round out the base. Wouldn't 3 ways
all around be better? If it makes a difference Im keeping the stock radio,
no sub , no amp.
Thanks for any help
John

I love Edsels

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 22:16:56 GMT, "Trader"
wrote:

You'll need a sub to round out the sound. I would go with 3-way speakers
front and back. IMHO

"JohnV" wrote in message
news
I have a Ford Escape and want to change out my front/rear door speakers. I
was looking at getting two sets of Pioneer TS A6867's( 3 ways) . A friend
recommended putting those in front and TS A6857 ( 2 ways) in the rear
doors
for better sound? Said the 2 ways would round out the base. Wouldn't 3
ways
all around be better? If it makes a difference Im keeping the stock radio,
no sub , no amp.
Thanks for any help
John

Call me crazy, but I'd line the doors with Dynamat first. 2 layers.
MZ

Call me crazy, but I'd line the doors with Dynamat first. 2 layers.

Crazy.

(you asked for it)
Brandonb

I highly suggest listening to the speakers before purchasing them. I
myself found that the 2-ways sounded better (to me) than the 3-ways. You
may also end up liking something completely different. When I was
looking at getting 6x8 speakers, if I could have gotten the tweets from
the Pioneer's with the mids of the Alpine's I would have thought it'd
been about perfect, so its all personal taste.

Brandonb