Diego

Default Blumlein technique

I'm going to try to use the Blumlein technique to record a little string
orchestra in a church.
Of course I know I need two bidirectional microphones placed on the same
vertical axis with the pickup pattern of one rotated 90 degrees from the
other. I'll use my two AKG 414.
But I have a question: in which way do I have to connect them to the right
and left channel of the mixer?

Thanks,

Diego

William Sommerwerck

One mic faces to the left, the other to the right. Does that answer your
question?

Blumlein was my favorite form of miking. Not only did it (to some extent)
suppress excessive ambience, but by slightly altering the angles of the mics,
you can broaden or narrow the image.