Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
darrelld darrelld is offline

Default FA Lyonhill l.p. Unopened in original shrink wrap

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lyonhill-l-p-Unp... %7C240%3A1318

From the auction:

If you are looking at this, you have probably heard of this legendary
record. A very limited number were pressed on a private Omaha,
Nebraska label in 1977. This is an internationally sought after,
ultra-rare collector’s item and a very nice listen.

Up for auction is a single unopened, unplayed l.p. in the original
shrink wrap. I am a member of the band and I have decided to sell off
a few of the few remaining copies that I have, since they are not
doing anyone any good sitting in a box in my closet. The album is
pictured in front of one of the basses I used on the l.p., a Les Paul
Triumph bass (bass not included in the auction!)

This l.p. is in absolutely brand new condition. It has been stored in
the original carton in which the l.p.s were shipped to the band, and
in a climate controlled area. However, in the original press run, we
had five people who bought albums that had a skip in one song. When we
originally were selling these, we replaced any that had the skip.
Since I am down to my last few l.p.s, I cannot do this, and since the
rest of the songs on the l.p. have always been fine, I cannot refund
the purchase price either. So, although I am 99.99% sure it will be
fine, the item is sold “as is” no refunds or exchanges.

Used copies have been selling in the $75 range.

Shipping & handling will be exactly what displays on the shipping
calculator for both U.S. and International sales. Please check this
before you bid. There are added handling charges for international
shipping.

Please do not bid if you disagree with the shipping and handling
charges. Sorry to have to add this, but I have had folks win auctions
and then argue for lower shipping and handling.

A review from the Acid Archives:

http://www.lysergia.com/AcidArchives/index.htm

Lyonhill (1977)

Excellent mainstream rock/folk-rock private press album that sounds
SoCal, though they’re from Nebraska. The album starts with a great
moody folk-rocker with some hot violin, and goes on to show a
surprising amount of diversity. There are shimmering acoustic guitars,
and absolutely spot-on harmonies. This is the rare band where the male
and female singers sound perfect together. Highlights include a
bluegrass song with honkytonk piano that would make the Dillards proud
and some tasteful and effective synthesizer. The songs are basically
short and tight … a terrific record by a multifaceted band.
Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
darrelld darrelld is offline

Auction ends Sunday

On Nov 30, 10:08*pm, darrelld wrote: