Ury

Default Help needed - select an Audio cards with 4 input channels

I need an PCI audio card with 4 input channels for recording in a PC
with windows 2000/XP.

The card should be able to produce standard PCM data so it can be recorded
into WAV files - each channel into a separate file.

The card should also detect silence.

Since the input source is of low quality I do not need a high quality card.

Can you recommend of such a card?

Thanks,
Ury.
TonyP

"Ury" wrote in message
om...
I need an PCI audio card with 4 input channels for recording in a PC
with windows 2000/XP.

The card should be able to produce standard PCM data so it can be recorded
into WAV files - each channel into a separate file.

The card should also detect silence.

Since the input source is of low quality I do not need a high quality

card.

Can you recommend of such a card?

The cheapest I can think of is the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. This is not the
easiest card to get working with 4 simultaneous inputs though. For some
reason they make it difficult and it doesn't work 4 channel with all
software. So check the software that you want to use first.
Alternatively buy a much better card like the M-Audio Delta 44.

TonyP.