Posted to rec.audio.misc
NealR2000

Default AV Receiver Audio Digital Inputs

My receiver has 4 digital inputs (3 x Optical and 1 x Coaxial). It
also has the RCA inputs.
Anyway, my problem is that my DVD, my HD cable box, and my computer can

only connect via coaxial, and not optical. In other words, I really
need three digital
coaxial inputs on my receiver. Are there any solutions to this problem

other than reaching back and changing the plugs everytime I want
to use one of the three devices?

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Kalman Rubinson

A standard 75ohm video switch will handle all the coax inputs. RS has
them manual and remote controlled.

Kal

On 11 Apr 2006 13:01:43 -0700, "NealR2000"
wrote:

My receiver has 4 digital inputs (3 x Optical and 1 x Coaxial). It
also has the RCA inputs.
Anyway, my problem is that my DVD, my HD cable box, and my computer can

only connect via coaxial, and not optical. In other words, I really
need three digital
coaxial inputs on my receiver. Are there any solutions to this problem

other than reaching back and changing the plugs everytime I want
to use one of the three devices?

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Todd H.

Kalman Rubinson writes:

A standard 75ohm video switch will handle all the coax inputs. RS has
them manual and remote controlled.

A 75ohm video co-ax switch that has female F connectors on all sides
won't help the original poster who is dealing with co-axial digital
audio S/DIF cables that are typically terminated with standard male
RCA ends.

Better planning on the receiver or component purchases (whichever were
later) would've helped initially. About the only one out of the
original poster's control was the cable box.

That said however, I think two of these POF-820's and a couple of
toslink "cables" and you'd be all set:

http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/a...s.html#pof-820

http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/a...bles.html#plas

Best Regards,
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H
\ / | http://www.toddh.net/
Posted to rec.audio.misc
Cordovero

If you have a cheapo dvd player, you could buy a new one for 50 bucks or
less that has optical. Might be cheaper than other solutions. You will not
have been the first person to buy a new dvd player just for this exact
reason.

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Jeff Findley

"NealR2000" wrote in message
oups.com...
My receiver has 4 digital inputs (3 x Optical and 1 x Coaxial). It
also has the RCA inputs.
Anyway, my problem is that my DVD, my HD cable box, and my computer can

only connect via coaxial, and not optical. In other words, I really
need three digital
coaxial inputs on my receiver. Are there any solutions to this problem

other than reaching back and changing the plugs everytime I want
to use one of the three devices?

You can buy a converter (or build one) that will take the coaxial digital
connection and turn it into an optical digital connection:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=180-960

You can also go the other way:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=180-961

Jeff