Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Bill Planer Bill Planer is offline

Default Klipsch KG 5.2 speakers

I can get a pair of Klipsch KG 5.2 speakers in good condition (some cosmetic
imperfections) for $200 or a bit less. They were manufactured between 1992
and 1994. Does any one out there own these speakers or have an informed
opinion of them. I may not be in a position to listen to them with my own
equipment before deciding. They would be used only for conventional 2
channel stereo.

They would replace my early 1980s era DCM Time Windows. The TWs still sound
good to me, but I am concerned about their components deteriorating with
age. I would only do this if I have reason to believe that the Klipsch
would sound at least a little bit better.

Any informed opinions are appreciated.

Thanks, Bill
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
https://www.wenterprisesnorthwest.com https://www.wenterprisesnorthwest.com is offline
Banned

Although not familiar with the specific models per se, but have owned the
DCM TF-600 and the Klipsch KG-3.2 and the KG-2. The DCMs were very dynamic
and had excellent bass for their slim design, but were a little thin in
their presentation, whereas the KGs were more full-bodied and perhaps even
more dynamic if not a little peaky (the 3.2) in the lower treble at higher
volumes.

For $200/pr., that sounds like a worthwhile purchase for the KG-5.2s if not
just to compare with your Time Windows. The Blue Book wholesale mint ($190)
is about what you're considering. I would offer them $111-$150 ($111 is low
blue book) for the pair, but $200 is not unreasonable. They listed new for
$850/pr.

Reference: http://www.klipsch.com/products/disc...ls/kg-5-2.aspx

H a p p y
L i s t e n i n g !

"Bill Planer" wrote in message
I can get a pair of Klipsch KG 5.2 speakers in good condition (some
cosmetic
imperfections) for $200 or a bit less. They were manufactured between
1992
and 1994. Does any one out there own these speakers or have an informed
opinion of them. I may not be in a position to listen to them with my own
equipment before deciding. They would be used only for conventional 2
channel stereo.

They would replace my early 1980s era DCM Time Windows. The TWs still
sound
good to me, but I am concerned about their components deteriorating with
age. I would only do this if I have reason to believe that the Klipsch
would sound at least a little bit better.

Any informed opinions are appreciated.

Thanks, Bill

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
winger383 winger383 is offline

"Bill Planer" wrote in message
I can get a pair of Klipsch KG 5.2 speakers in good condition (some
cosmetic
imperfections) for $200 or a bit less. They were manufactured between
1992
and 1994. Does any one out there own these speakers or have an informed
opinion of them. I may not be in a position to listen to them with my own
equipment before deciding. They would be used only for conventional 2
channel stereo.

They would replace my early 1980s era DCM Time Windows. The TWs still
sound
good to me, but I am concerned about their components deteriorating with
age. I would only do this if I have reason to believe that the Klipsch
would sound at least a little bit better.

Any informed opinions are appreciated.

Thanks, Bill

This reply may be a little bit late, but hope it helps. I own a pair to
these speakers to this day, having purchased them around '90, IIRC. They
are a decent speaker, well worth the purchase, although a little lacking in
the low end but typically bright and detailed for the brand. They seem to
have aged pretty well. I used to have a halfway decent Yamaha amplifier
that really had the ability to drive them, but the sound suffers these days
because I have a cheap SONY surround sound receiver I am using. These
speakers definitely deserve better.

L.