Whazzup

Default Denon 1803 vs Marantz 4300

Could anyone please provide a comparison of the above two receivers?
I intend to use it primarily for stereo - not so hot on home cinema.

I have finalized on the speakers - Tannoy MX2 series. Any comments on
these?

I have heard that the Denon produces a detailed sound; ditto for the
Tannoys. Is the combination likely to be without 'warmth'?

I am trying to arrange a demo of the two setups which should hopefully
settle the issue for me, but any inputs on what to look for besides
the general sound are welcome.

Thx
local

May check this:

http://groups.google.com.hk/groups?q...y.net&rnum =5

"Whazzup" ???
om ???...
Could anyone please provide a comparison of the above two receivers?
I intend to use it primarily for stereo - not so hot on home cinema.

I have finalized on the speakers - Tannoy MX2 series. Any comments on
these?

I have heard that the Denon produces a detailed sound; ditto for the
Tannoys. Is the combination likely to be without 'warmth'?

I am trying to arrange a demo of the two setups which should hopefully
settle the issue for me, but any inputs on what to look for besides
the general sound are welcome.

Thx

Joseph Oberlander

Whazzup wrote:

Could anyone please provide a comparison of the above two receivers?
I intend to use it primarily for stereo - not so hot on home cinema.

I have finalized on the speakers - Tannoy MX2 series. Any comments on
these?

Good speakers. Good combo.

I have heard that the Denon produces a detailed sound; ditto for the
Tannoys. Is the combination likely to be without 'warmth'?

One thing - please consider the MX3s - they are towers, but you'd
have to put the MX2s on stands or mounts, and they really do sound much
better for music.