Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
MZ

I'm gonna disagree with the others and say just go with an 8 ga. Since the
amps are going under the seat, I can't imagine you'll have much room to
upgrade in the future without moving the whole setup to the trunk. And 8
ga. is perfectly fine for those amps at that length, and you'd be left only
having to use one fuse (near the battery). Either option will work. You'll
save yourself a couple bucks sticking with the 8 ga though.

"SHRED" wrote in message
I am going to run a JBL BP 330.1 sub amp(150W RMS @ 4 ohm) and an Alpine
MRV-F307 sattelite amp(50W x 4).

I plan on an inline fuse, on an 8 gauge power lead, near the battery, of
60A. Inside the car I will use an insulated splitter box to run a power
lead to each unit.

Is that a correct layout and fuse size?