Carey Carlan

Default RAP5/4/02

No liner notes on this one.

When I first heard this I thought it was Indian. A closer listening leads
me to think its Hebrew.

- The intro is the same panning as the rest of the song, except that half
the channels are missing, leaving weird gaps in the sound.
- The reverb is grainy and synthetic.
- The reverb also phases with the lead vocals causing them to lose the high
end once in a while.
- The mix also has sound flying back and forth from left extreme to right.
Makes me feel like I'm at a tennis match. A very -fast- tennis match.
Chris Smalt

Carey wrote:

No liner notes on this one.

When I first heard this I thought it was Indian. A closer listening leads
me to think its Hebrew.

It's too bad that Joav isn't here to comment. He used to be a regular
participant in the weekly r.a.p. chat session (R.I.P.?). If I had to
make up the story behind this cut, I'd say it's an Israeli variation on
that Elvis remix, "A little less conversation". The horns really sound
retro, and the "dropout" on the vocals conveys the image of old reels of
tape that had to be baked to salvage the music. If this was recorded
after, say, 1988, it's a great mockup. If it's older - nice save!

Chris

PS: I just noticed Joav resurfaced in another thread. Joaaaaaaav!
Over heeeere!

Until the worm goes away, please remove the letter r
from my address to email me directly.