Posted to rec.audio.pro
Laurence Payne[_2_] Laurence Payne[_2_] is offline

Default DJ mixers XLR output capability or caveats

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:57:17 -0400, "Powell"
wrote:

Thank you. I'm researching Direct Boxes. It would seem
that an active box would be a better choice if one needs to
drive XLRs over a distance. I'm not thrilled about asking
the DJ for AC power for a space eating wallwart but a
battery power unit might work, if they are available.

That's not why you choose an active DI box. Unless your camear has a
VERY long lens (and it's a VERY large club:-) you'll have no problem
with long cables.