Posted to rec.audio.pro
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default DJ mixers XLR output capability or caveats

Gareth Magennis wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
Powell wrote:

Do most DJ mixing boards have a line level
(voltage/impedance) XLR output capability
needed to drive a signal to a XH-A1 camera,
I'm assuming yes, but are there any caveats?

Mostly on crappy RCA / phono / Cinch connectors IME.

DJ gear is the lowest of the low.

There's crap DJ gear and decent DJ gear out there, same as anything else. A
lot of it is designed for home use, that tends to be the poorer quality
stuff cos its dead cheap. Other is more professional for use in venues etc.

The good stuff is very much in the minority and it sounds like the OP has no
idea what he's likely to encounter which could be disastrous. If he's near
enough, he ought to check it out.

'Spare' outputs are very rare btw.

Rane make some decent DJ mixers btw.

This is one I designed and is right up there with the best, optical VCAs and
all.
http://www.studiomaster.com/products/Fusion.htm

It does actually have spare 'record' outputs too.
http://www.studiomaster.com/productspic/fusion-lrg2.jpg

Graham