MS

Default Powered Speakers?

"Lionel" wrote in message
http://www.edirol.com/products/info/ma10a.html

I listened to some powered monitors in a music store this afternoon. Most
were too big and heavy for the portability I require, as well as being very
expensive. Also, most have separate inputs per speaker (the speakers do not
connect to each other, each has its own (monaural) input which makes
connecting to a stereo source more complicated, having to split the stereo
source into two long monaural output cords).

I heard a couple very small Roland powered monitors (I think MA8 and MA12).
Although very small, portable, and inexpensive, with a stereo input on one
speaker, which outputs to the other speaker and also rugged-looking, I
didn't like their sound very much.

The store didn't stock any Edirol MA10s. However, they did have an Edirol
MA20 (pair) on hand. I really liked the sound of those, better than any
others I heard there, including some more expensive.

I wonder what the MA10s are like. Obviously they'll have less power (10
watts per channel) than the MA 20s (20 watts per channel), and probably less
bass response. Smaller though. Anyone here used the MA10, and could comment
on their sound? They (MA20) also have stereo input on one side.

One negative I could see on the MA-20, it looked very UN-Sturdy. One fall to
the ground, and I think that speaker would be broken.