MS

Default Powered Speakers?

"Mike Dobony" wrote in message
In these larger arenas you will need some 15's. Definately not small or
portable. For the smaller areas some 10's would do good, but auditoriums
you need some good throw that comes only in much bigger, much heavier
speakers, definately not something you would even want to have stored in
your trunk.

Sorry if I'm ignorant, but what are you referring to with these numbers, 10s
or 15s? Do you mean the watts per channel? The size of the speakers?

Go to a music store and listen to the pro quality (Yahama, Behringer,

etc.),
or music quality (Peavey) speakers.

Do you mean like the powered monitors someone mentioned? Yes, I may do that.

Your desires are phantomware. The products that meet your desires do not
exist. You can NOT get the sound you want in the auditoriums or gyms
without the 15's. You *might* get away with four 12's or even a pair of
double 12's, but you are talking even more space needed than you want.

As I said, there is of course a trade-off between size and quality/power. Of
course there are no tiny speakers that sound better than a full size home
system. Just wondering what might be a good balance--something that's still
fairly small and portable (while of course not being as small as the tiny
"travel speakers"), while having a decent sound for music. (Of course not
the best, at that size.) Wondering whether there are any models that readers
here might recommend.

Also, what are you powering them off of?

??? We are talking about powered speakers, aren't we? They have their own
power source, and plug into AC.

I think your most reasonable solution is to go mono and stick with a

single
15.

Actually, I need stereo. No time to explain in depth now. For instance, in
those choral accompaniments I mentioned, with two part voice parts, I have
one part coming through one speaker, the other vocal part panned to the
other side.