normanstrong

Default Powered Speakers?

Neil,

I'd like to ask 2 questions: How do you manage to get an entire link
in your messages without running into trouble at line end? Also, how
would I go about doing paleontology on my own posts?

Thanks,

Norm Strong

"Neil" wrote in message
om...
" MS" wrote in message

"Neil" wrote in message
om...
" MS" wrote in message

Are there any decent portable powered speakers available

today, good for
music?

You might want to look at the responses you got when you posted

this
same question previously in this newsgroup:

Of course I looked at the responses from when I once before asked

about
powered speakers. (I did not actually purchase any at that time

though.)

However, that thread was literally years ago, and models of

electronic
equipment continually change.

Not to be picky, but it was last November, and looking at the URLs

in
the helpful posts you received then, I see most of the same gear is
still available. So you might want to look at those URLs again:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e... 6scoring%3Dd

From the posts in the above thread, here are some of the brands
recommended that are also on eBay:

http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/Sal...akers&from=R10

Some brands you might want to look at that might not be mentioned in
the November thread are Edirol and Roland. I think they've got
portable speakers that would be rugged enough for your needs. I

assume
they have web sites.

For instance, as I mentioned, I believe more
than one person in that previous thread mentioned the "Powered

Partners"
brand of powered speaker as the best kind. Now, they seem to have

been
discontinued.

Those were first sold under the Acoustic Research (AR) brand name,
then under the Advent brand name. Assuming they're discontinued,

you
could probably eventually find a good used pair on eBay. Recoton

owns
Advent now, I think, so you might use that info to search the web

for
info and dealers.