Neil

Default Powered Speakers?

" MS" wrote in message ...
Are there any decent portable powered speakers available today, good for
music?

Budget?

For what purpose?

How big is your audience?

Where will you use the speakers?

How loud do you need?

If you just want to entertain yourself, I suggest headphones.

In the computer stores many brands are out to listen to, and they all sound
pretty bad to me.

I don't want 5.1, 7.1, or even 2.1 ( 2 with subwoofer). Just 2 speakers, as
I will need to carry them from place to place.

Obviously 2 small speakers like that will not have as good a sound as a good
home stereo system with floor speakers, but are there any that have a decent
sound for music, and are decently powered, while still being portable?

Some of the Cambridge SoundWorks speakers are portable and can run
from batteries, as shown below. I haven't heard these:

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/s...t&t ype=store

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/s...gory=port_spkr

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/s...y=mul_speakers

CSW also sells a lot of gear via eBay.com, so you may want to try
there also.

I'm guessing Radio Shack and Sony might be other possibilities. There
might also be some bigger powered speakers available through music and
PA stores.

Also:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...ttery+speakers

http://search-desc.ebay.com/ws/searc...akers&from=R10

Thank you for your input.

Whatever you're interested, if you can't try before you buy, search
Google.com for newsgroup and web info on the speakers. Also try web
sites that have customer opinions, such as (all dot coms) epinions,
amazon, and circuitcity.