MS

Default Powered Speakers?

Actually, I have looked at some of those on the web. In looking at the specs
though, some seem fairly large though, not easy to carry around.

And do they set up similarly to the consumer-oriented powered speakers? Are
they connected to each other, and the input goes into one of them, and it
splits one side of the stereo signal to the other?

Or--does each one have to be connected separately to the source device?

Whatever happened to "Powered Partners? I recall reading before (haven't
tried them myself) that those were the best powered speakers. But now they
don't seem to be available.

"Nick H (UK)" wrote in message
MS wrote:
Are there any decent portable powered speakers available today, good for
music?

In the computer stores many brands are out to listen to, and they all

sound
pretty bad to me.

I don't want 5.1, 7.1, or even 2.1 ( 2 with subwoofer). Just 2 speakers,

as
I will need to carry them from place to place.

Obviously 2 small speakers like that will not have as good a sound as a

good
home stereo system with floor speakers, but are there any that have a

decent
sound for music, and are decently powered, while still being portable?

Thank you for your input.

Look at studio/PA-shop stuff rather than computer shop stuff?

try a Google for 'powered monitors'

--
Nick H (UK)