Joseph Oberlander

jeffc wrote:

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in message
nk.net...

I'd actually suggest a loft if you can find one - get the most
open space that you can and use portable dividers as walls
(or install them, like they do in Japanese homes) There is
a lot you can do with even a 600sq ft open space.

I think this is probably the worst possibly solution sound-wise. The main
attribute to a rectangular room is that if it has good dimension ratios,
then it is predictable and workable. For example, you can put sound
absorbers at reflection points on the walls very cheaply, or a couple bass
traps in the corners. However your suggestion could lead to a complete
acoustical mess.

I was thinking of more of a big rectangular room with a small metal
or cement ledge/area up top(railing of course) to sleep in.
Even better if it has a nice 20ft high ceiling